thunderbolt85
Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:08:07 AM
I was hoping Strates would get the contract if Deggeller could not make it due to the date changes and they did.

https://www.ydr.com/stor...ractions-out/4228166002/ 
Carnivalbuff
Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:12:29 AM
With as good as that York Fair is; I am surprised that Deggeller could not fit it into their schedule. I wonder what they will get to take it's place?
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:59:56 PM
Yeah, but I think he has some pretty good spots during that new date that he didn't want to give up.

I wonder what he will replace it with as well, maybe be another date later on or something.

Now, here is just hoping that with this new big date on their route that Strates might consider bringing big ole Top Spin back out, like the Pirate. Of course they might buy something new too or just keep the line for 2020.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:41:19 AM
Saw a picture of Strates in Danville this year and they had a Monster Truck, Klomax Elephant ride and nice looking kiddie paddle or bumper boats. Does anyone know if Strates bought those or they booked?
Tornado
Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:39:05 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Saw a picture of Strates in Danville this year and they had a Monster Truck, Klomax Elephant ride and nice looking kiddie paddle or bumper boats. Does anyone know if Strates bought those or they booked?

Not sure on the Paddle Boats, but the elephants are booked and the Monster Trucks I'm pretty sure are as well...
Tornado
Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:42:22 AM
Wonder who the other 2 vendor were???
Wonder if Reithoffer was one of them and perhaps AofA???
Benjibear
Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:12:48 PM
Deggler may not have wanted to take a chance with the new dates. I am not sure the new dates are going to work out and I think at the best it will take several years for it to build. Somebody may not want to take that chance. Only time will tell.

I don't like the new name. They are trying to make the implication that they are the state fair. York is not a state and in Pennsylvania there is no state fair. The big agricultural event in Pennsylvania is the Farm Show.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, November 21, 2019 7:08:43 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Wonder who the other 2 vendor were???
Wonder if Reithoffer was one of them and perhaps AofA???

I figured that AofA may have been one of them, who knows Powers may have bid as well, or Reithoffer.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, November 21, 2019 7:12:04 AM
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

Deggler may not have wanted to take a chance with the new dates. I am not sure the new dates are going to work out and I think at the best it will take several years for it to build. Somebody may not want to take that chance. Only time will tell.

I don't like the new name. They are trying to make the implication that they are the state fair. York is not a state and in Pennsylvania there is no state fair. The big agricultural event in Pennsylvania is the Farm Show.

I think Deggeller had some well established dates during that new time that he did want to give up.

Changing dates can be dangerous, but then again sometimes it can work out well. The article said the people had been asking for years for Strates to return, so that may play a big role in success with the train and all rolling back into town. I figure they will load train and roll out of Meadowlands to York, then from York up to Hamburg, at least with the train.

But with a 90 ride midway its sure to be one more of a blast since he will need to book stuff in, should be interesting.
Tornado
Thursday, November 21, 2019 10:29:23 AM

I think Deggeller had some well established dates during that new time that he did want to give up.

Changing dates can be dangerous, but then again sometimes it can work out well. The article said the people had been asking for years for Strates to return, so that may play a big role in success with the train and all rolling back into town. I figure they will load train and roll out of Meadowlands to York, then from York up to Hamburg, at least with the train.

But with a 90 ride midway its sure to be one more of a blast since he will need to book stuff in, should be interesting.

the article mentioned: "90 rides, games and attractions"...
Can't fit 90 rides at York.
Reithoffer use to have 50 to 60 there and Deggeller has had 50 during their time there.
So' I'd imagine Strates will have some thing similar.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, November 21, 2019 10:44:22 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

the article mentioned: "90 rides, games and attractions"...
Can't fit 90 rides at York.
Reithoffer use to have 50 to 60 there and Deggeller has had 50 during their time there.
So' I'd imagine Strates will have some thing similar.

Got ya, thanks.
Tornado
Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:44:36 PM

Got ya, thanks.

:-)
Tornado
Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:41:41 PM

The 2 spots that Strates has after the Meadowlands, both fairly new to them and run at the same time, will probably remain. Looks like they would have time from those to York.
See 2 spots from Strates 2019 schedule that conflict with this though...
mgr man
Friday, November 22, 2019 7:21:56 PM
thunderbolt85
Monday, December 2, 2019 7:04:06 AM
Originally Posted by: mgr man 

The pirate is on the road.

Yep, and hopefully if Strates gets another big spot or two maybe the Top Spin will return.