olediggerguy
Saturday, November 2, 2019 12:02:55 PM
I never played the spot...but I have heard that on per cap spending..its a HUGE spot
NAME/DEGGELER/CONKLIN has played the spot for decades... I read this was the final year of current contract.

Anybody know who is bidding on it...any speculation on who has any advantage????
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, November 2, 2019 8:55:00 PM
Originally Posted by: olediggerguy 

I never played the spot...but I have heard that on per cap spending..its a HUGE spot
NAME/DEGGELER/CONKLIN has played the spot for decades... I read this was the final year of current contract.

Anybody know who is bidding on it...any speculation on who has any advantage????

I would bet that Celebration Wheel has sealed the deal for a contract renewal.
RodB
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 3, 2019 9:10:00 PM
Six shows reportedly bid. No, I don't know who bid other than NAME.
thunderbolt85
Monday, November 4, 2019 11:51:02 AM
A concessions operator who has been there a long time told me one year that its still a good spot to make money (meaning not only good spending but the fair doesn't ding you to death).

I am sure the competition to get the spot will be tough and not so sure just one ride like that new wheel will win the spot. That wheel was nice but its still just a giant wheel with some fancy tubs.

I guess we will just have to wait and see who gets it in the end, don't want to speculate.
Carnivalbuff
Monday, November 4, 2019 1:09:27 PM
What company has the nice wheel that is being referred to?
thunderbolt85
Monday, November 4, 2019 2:07:33 PM
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

What company has the nice wheel that is being referred to?

NAME bought a new 150 ft wheel this year with climate controlled tubs.
Tornado
Monday, November 4, 2019 2:30:52 PM
with an event that size it would be pretty easy to guess (without mentioning any) what shows, besides NAME, would make a play for it...
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, November 4, 2019 6:38:32 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

with an event that size it would be pretty easy to guess (without mentioning any) what shows, besides NAME, would make a play for it...

Anyone that can make the numbers work. Also could be a partnership between shows as what has been done in the past for spots. Im not gonna name shows but i would expect any of the big guys on the east coast at least look at the spot if they didnt put a big in.
BeauceCarnavalMan
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 6:40:24 AM
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

Anyone that can make the numbers work. Also could be a partnership between shows as what has been done in the past for spots. Im not gonna name shows but i would expect any of the big guys on the east coast at least look at the spot if they didnt put a big in.

Yeah I was able to count off 5 pretty easy, but the 6th one has me stumped, unless its a joint effort as you're talking about. One other I was thinking about could do it, but they are pretty spread out during that time, but who knows, guess we will find out in a few months.
Carnivalbuff
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:25:53 AM
Thank you Thunderbolt85 for the information on the wheel.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, November 11, 2019 8:02:13 PM

Name is the only show east that carries a flume now aren`t they?
RodB
Tornado
Monday, November 11, 2019 10:30:10 PM
Originally Posted by: rodler 

Name is the only show east that carries a flume now aren`t they?

yes, believe they have 2 (the 1 from Farrow and the 1 from Conklin) of them, but only using 1 of them (the Conklin 1)
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 6:51:54 AM
I think the party is over for flume/water rides, seems even the amusement parks are taking them out.

Carowinds has removed all of their now and expanded on the water park. I think SFOG has dropped the big falls ride, but they still have the Thunder River and Log Flume.

The flumes are great to ride, but from what I understand and read on here they are pain to maintain and operate and a coaster is just better.
Dave
  •  Dave
  • 53.24% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:10:36 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yeah I was able to count off 5 pretty easy, but the 6th one has me stumped, unless its a joint effort as you're talking about. One other I was thinking about could do it, but they are pretty spread out during that time, but who knows, guess we will find out in a few months.

Wade woods wheel at NC, thats a deal breaker im guesing. Names got this one. Im wondering what wade will buy in next year, hes got the comet and rc 48 listed on used rides. Maybe hes gonna go big with a coaster. If they cant do 22 trailers on the wheel then they can do 27 like the doppel loop. Sure be nice to see a real big coaster make a comeback.
ridejocky
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:29:08 AM
Originally Posted by: Dave 

Wade woods wheel at NC, thats a deal breaker im guesing. Names got this one. Im wondering what wade will buy in next year, hes got the comet and rc 48 listed on used rides. Maybe hes gonna go big with a coaster. If they cant do 22 trailers on the wheel then they can do 27 like the doppel loop. Sure be nice to see a real big coaster make a comeback.

That Dopple Looping was a badas* piece

Ride the Zipper?