thunderbolt85
Monday, October 14, 2019 7:07:33 AM
Saw that this weekend, the show is very upset, according to the stories, they were allowed to open back up, but decided not too.
ringmaster
  •  ringmaster
  • 70.14% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:12:57 AM
Right the articles all say they are investigating, no details on girl other than her age that I saw.

Guess we can just wait and see what the final report says, but waiting on that one from York as well and what went on there.
william davis
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:12:31 PM
thunderbolt85
Cygnus12
Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:31:35 PM
NJ has ordered a shutdown on all rides similar to Super Sizzler while the cause has been established. I guess that means no Sizzlers or Scramblers can operate until the investigation is over?

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/10/nj-orders-shutdown-of-all-rides-similar-to-super-sizzler-where-10-year-old-died.html 
ringmaster
  •  ringmaster
  • 70.14% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:50:21 PM
Originally Posted by: ringmaster 

Was she over 42" tall?

There is a notice on Skull's ticket box that "advises" that rider be 42 inches or taller. It is not requirement. A nine year old girl was killed when she slipped under a lap restraint. The sizzler is an adult ride, Nine years old is not an adult.
There was another fatality a few years back, when a tub came, that was clearly bad immanence, Unlike GM scramblers, sizzlers are unfolded like an umbrella, not giving the ride boss as much day-to-day familiarity with his machine.

Carnivalbuff
Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:06:25 AM
Anyone heard of any recent updates or additional information about this accident?
JustinJames
Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:57:10 AM
I see the infamous nobody, Ken Martin called every news outlet to offer his garbage opinion.

That clown needs to get a job and quit claiming to be an expert. Ambulance chasing is not a respectable career.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2:46:41 PM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

I see the infamous nobody, Ken Martin called every news outlet to offer his garbage opinion.

That clown needs to get a job and quit claiming to be an expert. Ambulance chasing is not a respectable career.

LOL saw that too
ridejocky
Wednesday, October 30, 2019 8:45:30 PM
“An industry analyst says at least 13 people have been killed on rides similar to the Wisdom Super Sizzler.”

So in sixty years and how many thousands of Super Sizzlers, Sizzlers, Merry Mixers, and Scramblers, 13 killed.

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:16:52 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

“An industry analyst says at least 13 people have been killed on rides similar to the Wisdom Super Sizzler.”

So in sixty years and how many thousands of Super Sizzlers, Sizzlers, Merry Mixers, and Scramblers, 13 killed.

Don't forget about the Whirly Bird either.
Carnivalbuff
Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:12:18 PM
Yes, I have heard that Ken Martin can be an issue sometimes.
JustinJames
Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:35:22 PM
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

Yes, I have heard that Ken Martin can be an issue sometimes.

He is a clueless parasite to the industry.