thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 6:52:02 AM
Wanted to see if we could dig back a little to the 70s and 80s and see if anyone here worked on the show during that time. Got any good stories, ride information, etc?

I know they had some great stuff back then like:

Swiss Bobs
Hully Gully
Flying Bobs
Discotek
Sky Wheel
2 Divers
Double Deck Dark Ride
Majors and Kiddies

Any good stories on spots they played or are still playing, booked back-end shows, other dark rides/fun houses, etc.?
Tornado
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 9:47:39 AM
can add the though some may not have been from the 70's and 80's era:

Mack Musik Express
Big Zyklon coaster (the one NAME has now)
Pinfari Looping Star Coaster
Thought they had a Huss Rainbow at one time too???
KMG Tango (for short period as the center load was rolled not long after they got it...)

bigjlh
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 11:04:44 AM
thunderbolt,at one time early 1970,s they had a schwarzkopf jet star on the road.very large show at one time.played the big ones on east coast and fall route in the Carolinas.also south fla in wintertime.had a wq.in south fla iirc.ok then thanx bigjlh
bigjlh
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 11:10:32 AM
seen them in Ottawa canada,had most of there big iron layed down,with some Canadian showmen booked in with some rides a enterprise was there that looked like it was in a hell of a hailstorm.big spot ok then thanx bigjlh
Tornado
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 11:58:00 AM
Ya, show is not what it used to be...
Probably a little more than half the size and not much big iron any more either (not like what they had anyway)...
Its a shame as it was a big mighty show in it day 😞 (though still not a bad show 🙂 )

swooper
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 12:23:54 PM
Flitzer
Belgium himalaya
Super Cat
olediggerguy
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 12:57:16 PM
jumped on and off with them back in the day.....Units playing all over the place...

The show had a WIDE OPEN front end...with BUCK PAGE as its manager...The last couple years I was around...they calmed it down to mostly hankys working....till closing SUNDAY......then all the traps came out...and went to WORK....

Im also sure the OHIO incident hasn't helped them in any way shape or form.....
bigjlh
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 1:04:07 PM
they had there pinfari looping coaster layed down at texas state fair years ago.seemed to do well nice piece long hours,long scratch.ok then thanx bigjlh
Tornado
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:21:19 PM

WOW over the years they sure did have some big/bigger iron...
Did not know they had a Flitzer coaster. Nice small coaster
Did it have all the scenery like Reithoffer's Indy 500 (Flitzer) does??
Tornado
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:26:05 PM
So far 16 rides from the past on this list...
Impressive!!!
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:54:06 PM
Yeah, didn't know they had the Flitzer either, or the Jet Star. I knew about the Looping Star, Zyklon, and of course the Crazy Mouse.

I thought they had the Rainbow as well one time, but found out that it was booked in.

Would love to see pictures of the Belgium Himalaya and Super Cat.

I know they had a good many spots in NC and SC in the fall at one time. Back then they always seemed to put at least two music rides in every spot, at least at the spots I went too, this year was the first time I have ever been to an AofA midway with only one music ride.

I remember when the bought the Wave Swinger at the Nova yard sale, I had helped move it for a few months with Nova and was glad they got it. Rode it again all fixed up at the Carolina Coastal fair in Charleston in the early 90s. That was the first time I had seen them at that fair and boy they loaded the iron in there.
ridejocky
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:41:52 PM
I never worked for them, but I had a few friends on the show. Back then I think they had NY sewed up, and (like someone else said) had a bunch of units and a lot of circus jumps.

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 3, 2019 7:21:33 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

I never worked for them, but I had a few friends on the show. Back then I think they had NY sewed up, and (like someone else said) had a bunch of units and a lot of circus jumps.

You know that seems to be what they are doing this year after losing those big spots. I looked at their route and seems they packed it with smaller spots and lots of them. I don't know how good the spots are, but I guess if you have enough of them close together you can make a dollar or two.
swooper
Thursday, October 3, 2019 11:54:02 AM
Some more rides
Jubilee ( built in house from a caterpillar ride had a building and looked like a himalaya could not tell it was built in house)
Looper Allen hershel
Twister hershel gas powered
Saturn 6
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 3, 2019 12:47:06 PM
Seems like I remember these:

16 Seat Octopus
Hot Pot (themed Tip Top)
White/Purple Round Up (looked sharp)
16 Seat Nittany Wheel (2 I think)
Neat looking trailer mounted Bumper car (think it was a kiddie b.car)