Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, September 26, 2019 10:59:07 PM
I believe Strates got the German funhouse in 1981 from Conklin.

Also in this thread, did Kevin Exum have the Ghost Train out west at one time?

The two trailer walk-thru Haunted House was Jackie Norman's, wasn't it? It showed up around 1977. It was very effective when they put it on a dark road with some trees around it. I think the guy who built it built two because I saw a similar one on Reithoffer's in the mid 80's. One of then was built using 2 beer trailers. You could see where "Budweiser" had been removed from the back side of the trailers.
ridejocky
Friday, September 27, 2019 12:55:06 PM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

The two trailer walk-thru Haunted House was Jackie Norman's, wasn't it? It showed up around 1977. It was very effective when they put it on a dark road with some trees around it. I think the guy who built it built two because I saw a similar one on Reithoffer's in the mid 80's. One of then was built using 2 beer trailers. You could see where "Budweiser" had been removed from the back side of the trailers.

That thing could win some pretty serious money at the right spots. Wasn't much to it inside, but with a half-dozen spooks in full costumes, it was a pretty good operation.

I know Jack Norman was handling it, I thought Strates owned it. I always got the impression it was just something for Jack to do. What a great guy he was. Some of the f'n stories that guy had about the "good old days" and the way he talked would have me rolling...

Ride the Zipper?
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, September 28, 2019 5:26:08 PM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

The two trailer walk-thru Haunted House on Strates was built by Bruno Zacchini, Jr.
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
massachusettsman
Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:46:49 AM
The fiesta shows earthquake is setup right now in topsfield ma. It doesn’t move or have any of the cool effects it used to have and only goes up once or twice a year now to fill a hole. I’ve been told that it had water effects, strobe light, smoke machine, and the whole thing used to rock. All it needs is a new compressor and some tlc to get back to its glory days. Right now setup next to the earthquake is an old Hollingsworth dark ride themed castle of evil with all the tricks working and the other side is a 2 trailer walk through dark ride featuring live actors.
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:40:15 PM
Originally Posted by: massachusettsman 

The fiesta shows earthquake is setup right now in topsfield ma. It doesn’t move or have any of the cool effects it used to have and only goes up once or twice a year now to fill a hole. I’ve been told that it had water effects, strobe light, smoke machine, and the whole thing used to rock. All it needs is a new compressor and some tlc to get back to its glory days. Right now setup next to the earthquake is an old Hollingsworth dark ride themed castle of evil with all the tricks working and the other side is a 2 trailer walk through dark ride featuring live actors.

massachusettsman, Thank you for that update.

"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"