•  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:02:17 PM
1970WV.jpg

Click to View Image41 View(s)

WV.jpg

Click to View Image60 View(s)

Not sure if Reithoffer had the midway then as they do now, but cool pictures. Some big iron shown, including a Kurve. Photos not by me, they were on the state fair fb
swooper
Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:46:03 PM
I think it’s two different years
Midway looks different
olediggerguy
Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:45:11 PM
thunderbolt85
Monday, August 5, 2019 7:24:39 AM
Pretty sure both photos are Nova, you can see the B. Curve in both photos, the Hitting 2000 in one, the Scrambler and the F&B Bumper Cars.

Haven't found the Sky Ride yet in the pictures (Childress bought that at the Auction).

Was wondering about that Pirate Ship though, looks like a Huss model, but the platforms are different, anybody have any thoughts/information on that one?
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, August 5, 2019 8:45:39 AM
thunderbolt85
Monday, August 5, 2019 10:20:10 AM
Nova Expositions, just one name the Sanders family used for their show at different times/locations. I think the other was Penn Valley?

They went out of business in the early 90s, carried some big iron like a Flitzer (one of Reithoffers now), the B.Kurve (swiss bobs), F&B Scooters, Wave Swinger (now belongs to AofA), Sky Wheel, Skyliner, and host of other rides.

If you do a search on the forum there are still some stories out there about them I believe.
ridejocky
Monday, August 5, 2019 12:36:13 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Pretty sure both photos are Nova, you can see the B. Curve in both photos, the Hitting 2000 in one, the Scrambler and the F&B Bumper Cars.

Haven't found the Sky Ride yet in the pictures (Childress bought that at the Auction).

Was wondering about that Pirate Ship though, looks like a Huss model, but the platforms are different, anybody have any thoughts/information on that one?

The Pirate looks a lot like a Huss, but the platforms and supporting structure is different. It also doesn't have the structure, hydraulics, and winches to raise it. I'm guessing it's a park model.

Didn't Nova's curve have Christmas trees in front and Olimpic rings in the pit? I think a guy named Emil moved it for a few years.
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Monday, August 5, 2019 3:05:16 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

The Pirate looks a lot like a Huss, but the platforms and supporting structure is different. It also doesn't have the structure, hydraulics, and winches to raise it. I'm guessing it's a park model.

Didn't Nova's curve have Christmas trees in front and Olimpic rings in the pit? I think a guy named Emil moved it for a few years.

It did have the trees, and Olympic rings, although when I worked with them on it we never put those on, stayed in the trailer. When I worked for them there was a guy named Dave moving, real nice guy, I remember he was former Army Airborne.

I can't quite see the name on the front but I wonder if that was the Viking Ship that someone here on the East Coast had.