thunderbolt85
Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:13:08 AM
Was in Cherokee NC this week and found this show in town for ten days, first time seeing them.

Nice small midway with an Eli wheel, Trabant, Gravitron, Paratrooper, Hustler, MGR, and about 6 other kiddie rides. Had about 4 food joints and 8 or 10 games, two power plants and one ticket box.

Free parking and admission, believe was tickets and armbands.

Checked out their website and saw they have few more rides that weren't there including a Zipper, and Tip Top which would have loved to have seen and a few more kiddies.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:15:59 AM
What was the name of the show? Was it at the fairgrounds?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:11:56 AM
C&M Southern midways, yes at the fairgrounds I believe, there was a big half shell stage area, nice fenced in area but no gate charge.
trucknut741
Friday, June 14, 2019 3:17:56 PM
hi thunderbolt I live in franklin nc. close to cherrokee you probily went thou it when you went to cherrokee it has a spring and fall 1st week in june and October over the years there has been many different shows to play here elways different I don't know because all the shows are up north or the spot dos not do good but its allway packed when I been there just to name a few that have played this spot are jules and beck, playwould, jandj, inners, family attractions, midway rides of unica,and c and m southern shows,and some more that I can,t recall right now how ever midway rides of unica has been the fall for two years in a row
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, June 14, 2019 11:03:53 PM
Originally Posted by: trucknut741 

hi thunderbolt I live in franklin nc. close to cherrokee you probily went thou it when you went to cherrokee it has a spring and fall 1st week in june and October over the years there has been many different shows to play here elways different I don't know because all the shows are up north or the spot dos not do good but its allway packed when I been there just to name a few that have played this spot are jules and beck, playwould, jandj, inners, family attractions, midway rides of unica,and c and m southern shows,and some more that I can,t recall right now how ever midway rides of unica has been the fall for two years in a row

Fairgrounds in Cherokee are on the reservation which is Federal Governed property, same as a military base. That means the state of North Carolina does not inspect rides set up on Federal property. That is why some shows like playing there. decent money plus no NC inspections.

thunderbolt85
Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:52:17 AM
Originally Posted by: britt 

Fairgrounds in Cherokee are on the reservation which is Federal Governed property, same as a military base. That means the state of North Carolina does not inspect rides set up on Federal property. That is why some shows like playing there. decent money plus no NC inspections.

Yeah, it was a little slow the night we went but that was a Tuesday, we came back thru again on Saturday but during the morning hours and they were closed.