Discjo
  •  Discjo
  • 54.74% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
thunderbolt85
Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:12:25 AM
This is absolutely foolish, I am sick and tired of political correctness. Don't get me wrong, I believe everyone should have equal rights and I am totally against things that happened years ago in the south.......and really all over the country.

However, I hate to see some things change so much that we lose our history. For me I will not stop calling it the Dixie Classic fair, to me that is the fair.

For me personally I feel we have got to stop this push to change everything just because someone has their feelings on their shoulders. Sure there are things out there that offend me but I don't make a big deal about it, I just blow it off and move on.

Sorry to be on my soap box but just tired of all this nonsense.
bigjlh
Thursday, April 25, 2019 2:04:12 PM
i hear you thunderbolt.weepers and cryers tryiing to make a stand.alabama plates state the heart of dixie.every body is so sensitive.when you take some ones history you are trying to destroy there culture.we had statue of southern general here.city council voted unanimously the statue stays!!!lbj signed civil rights act 1964 most statues were erected before or after that.people are bored and got to weep about something.example the peace cross in md.they want to tear that down war memorial.hope dixieland amusements do not take a hit on this issue if still on road.all this crying and weeping is just wasted energy.i say let the citizens vote on issue.its only FAIR! THANKS big jlh
ridejocky
Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:04:55 PM
I think they should change the name of the city, as it promotes smoking which kills 500 million people a year in the US alone.

Maybe change the name of Kentucky also...
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Friday, April 26, 2019 7:03:49 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

I think they should change the name of the city, as it promotes smoking which kills 500 million people a year in the US alone.

Maybe change the name of Kentucky also...

Yep before long we will be changing every little thing because it "offends" someone, people will have to walk around on pins and needles afraid of saying something that might "offended" someone.

This world is never going to be perfect.