thunderbolt85
Thursday, April 4, 2019 10:28:13 AM
Hey just wondering about this fair, is it pretty big, good crowds, etc. Haven't heard much about this one and just wondering if anyone knows.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, April 5, 2019 12:26:25 AM
Ran in July in 2017 with Strates on midway. Don't know how well it did.
Ran in May 2018 with PGAM but it rained 8 of 9 days.
This year they're going to 3 weekends, running Fri- Sun then thurs-Sun the next 2 weekends.
Strates has it this year.
Be interesting to see if they post a ridelist.
ridejocky
Friday, April 5, 2019 9:32:45 AM
Nice picture Strates' Pirate on their website.

Doesn't say who's playing it this year..

Ride the Zipper?
wvscott
Friday, April 5, 2019 10:10:28 AM
Strates has themselves listed on their Facebook page as them being the provider May 3-19
thunderbolt85
Friday, April 5, 2019 2:33:10 PM
I know I most likely never get up to see some of these spots, but have heard of some of them in the northeast over the years:

Shea Stadium, used to read about Murphy Brothers in there with some big midways.

Saw AofA in Washington DC one year in the 90s at a Stadium, not sure of which. I was working for a guy with a portable lazer tag and we were at RFK stadium. Saw the show while riding the DC subway, was quick but saw the Swiss Bobs, Discotek and quite a few other rides, big layout.

I see some pictures of Reithoffer at some really tight lots in New York city, but they had 'em packed in there with the Himi, Thunderbolt, and host of other rides.

Any good stories as well on those downtown NY spots or even in the general area. LOL, I know I have heard ones about the black limo and brown paper bags.