trucknut741
Thursday, March 28, 2019 10:45:58 AM
got a chance to stop by foothills mall big rocks was there seting up thay were very busy laying out stageing rides for setup even so I got a minute to meet matt McDowell very good people I was told that Justin was on his way in with a ride wend he got there he was very grayshiss with his time we talked about everything from the show to hb2 workers one thing is for sure you can talk 5 minutes with Justin and tell he is very good at what he dos and phasanet about the industy he in. the equitment and rolling stock look great remember I did not see it setup so you know it killer when its setup I will go back when there open this week but I can not say enough about this shows growth over the years I even road by where the staff was staying and everybody had a smile on there face that saids a lot for this show folk were happy and laughing before setup I want to thank Justin for taking time out of his busy day to talk to me
trucknut741
Thursday, March 28, 2019 10:52:40 AM
sorry for the poor spelling this was teusday by the way
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:02:32 AM

Great show, great staff and workers. make sure you go back. you will be impressed with the clean, well lite show. Matt and staff take pride in the show and it shows. Hope the weather lets them show off.
trucknut741
Thursday, March 28, 2019 7:24:40 PM
thanks britt I will like I said it don,t take long to realize that this show and staff is (with it )I cant wait to see it set up I will do a ride list but from what I seen the ride list on there web site is pretty close to what will be there graet folks and inpressive show and staff I can just admiganing what this show would look like setup looking foward to meeting you someday britt I took some pictures of racked ride I will shair them if I can fiqure out how to posts them
thunderbolt85
Monday, April 1, 2019 6:50:05 AM
Would love to see this show in person, you can tell its a first class operation. Kinda sad they dropped the Trooper and Scrambler...but understand why.
trucknut741
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 12:53:11 PM
I am pretty sure I seen a trailer mounted sizzler there that may have replaced the scrambler a lot easy to setup can,t say about the tropper
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:12:31 PM
Originally Posted by: trucknut741 

I am pretty sure I seen a trailer mounted sizzler there that may have replaced the scrambler a lot easy to setup can,t say about the tropper

Yep, your right I believe, they got the Sizzler and I think they dropped the Trooper for a Cliff Hanger didn't they?
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:57:29 PM

sizzler has a complete makeover. pics on facebook page. no cliff hanger but a zero gravity -- hurricane type piece.
JustinJames
Wednesday, April 3, 2019 11:04:47 PM
Lumberton was the last spot for our Paratrooper in 2015. We traded it for a used Zipper. The Zipper was refurbished immediately and debuted in Pikeville, KY in 2016.

The Sizzler was purchased (along with the Raiders, Samba Balloon and Speedway) in 2013. All four rides were immediately refurbished for the 2014 season with the Sizzler receiving a speedy refurb. The Sizzler received a (stripped down to the metal) refurb this past winter and should be fully ready by next week.

The Zero was purchased last April from Murray Brothers in Ohio. The ride was in pristine condition and put into use immediately.

Thank you for the compliments. It was nice to meet you.

Stop by anytime.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, April 4, 2019 6:50:14 AM
One of these days I am going to get out to see this show, but want to make sure its a spot that they set up the Sky Wheel.
JustinJames
Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:50:01 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

One of these days I am going to get out to see this show, but want to make sure its a spot that they set up the Sky Wheel.

We use it at all of our NC spots as well as Elberton, GA.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, April 4, 2019 10:23:10 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

We use it at all of our NC spots as well as Elberton, GA.

Elberton would be close to me, what are the dates of that event again? Going to put it on my calendar and try to get down there this fall.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, April 4, 2019 11:20:22 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Elberton would be close to me, what are the dates of that event again? Going to put it on my calendar and try to get down there this fall.

come on over to Lumberton. Sept. 27 thru Oct. 5th. All of Big Rock's equipment plus a few book ins. new entertainment this year. Motorcycle show and a bump and run demo derby. Big 9-11 exhibit for a couple days plus lots of other things to see and do. schedule should be coming out in June to our website. www.robesoncountyfair.com 

trucknut741
Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:10:56 PM
thanks Justin it was good two meet and talk to you but will not be able to get back over there I have to make a trip to fla. I will try to see you in Elberton in fall safe travels and a good season thank matt for his time.britt I mite make it one day over to your fair whould love to see it
trucknut741
Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:18:33 PM
thuderbolt85 if you come to Elberton ga in fall would like to meet you I have kept up with your post on here it good to have some good post on here I hope it gets back to the way it used to be on here just good carnival info and talk.by good people that in joy the busniss