wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:25:25 AM
when did NAME get a 2 decker carousel. I saw it last light on a FB post by Galaxy.

I always thought Strates was the only one in the US moving a 2 decker
thunderbolt85
Monday, March 18, 2019 6:56:36 AM
I believe Strates is the only one with one on the road, Strates must have booked it in as they do in Columbia SC as well in the fall.

Interesting note, I heard that Strates bought that for his daughter's Birthday, of course that is just hearsay.
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, March 18, 2019 9:14:52 AM
that's exactly what I thought Thunderbolt, but if you have FB take a look at this video posted by NAME

click to see video 

and also here is the post on another site with photo
see photo here 

maybe this actually is the States piece as I can longer find the original post where the new lights were added. It said the the NAME carousel in that article, but it might have been wrong. I sure somebody here will look at the picture and for sure if this is the Strates owned ride
Tornado
Monday, March 18, 2019 6:58:33 PM
From looking at the video that is not Strates carousel...
Tornado
Monday, March 18, 2019 7:01:21 PM
Doesn't NAME have a 4-Abreast Grand Carousel? Travels on the old Conklin unit I thought.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:46:29 AM
Huh, maybe they bought one or booked another one from someone else. Yes, I believe they have a 4 abreast that did belong to CVS didn't it? It was a beautiful ride.
Tornado
Wednesday, March 20, 2019 9:09:19 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Huh, maybe they bought one or booked another one from someone else. Yes, I believe they have a 4 abreast that did belong to CVS didn't it? It was a beautiful ride.

yes didn't NAME purchased CVS's Chance Giant Wheel, KMG Fire Ball (FurerBall - not sure of spelling) and the 4-Abreast Carousel together when CVS left the business ??
astro boy
Saturday, March 23, 2019 1:34:33 AM
The double decker is one of many new ride purchases this season!
thunderbolt85
Monday, March 25, 2019 6:46:15 AM
Wow, ok so they have one now along with Strates, looks like a beautiful piece.
Tornado
Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:21:41 PM
Originally Posted by: astro boy 

The double decker is one of many new ride purchases this season!

assuming the new double deck carousel moves on more than one trailer/load?

Believe Strates is on/in 3 loads...
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 26, 2019 9:09:11 PM
Strates double deck carousel travels in three 40 foot containers.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 6:49:56 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Strates double deck carousel travels in three 40 foot containers.

Correct and I believe one of the containers has a top that opens up to break over the center pole.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 10:00:16 PM
Yes, Thunderbolt85 the Strates MGR center wagon has a top that opens to unload the center pole.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:06:17 AM
Speaking of this, got my issue of Carnival Mag yesterday and they had a great article on Strates DD MGR.

They had some really nice photo's of the ride being set up (or tore down) with good shots of the inside of the containers as well.

They show the black wagon in detail and how the center pole drops down inside. As Bill P stated, three wagons, two are red and the center pole wagon is black.
ridejocky
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:29:55 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Speaking of this, got my issue of Carnival Mag yesterday and they had a great article on Strates DD MGR.

They had some really nice photo's of the ride being set up (or tore down) with good shots of the inside of the containers as well.

They should the black wagon in detail and how the center pole drops down inside. As Bill P stated, three wagons, two are red and the center pole wagon is black.

I think the same guy (Chico) has been moving it since he got it.

Ride the Zipper?