thunderbolt85
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 6:55:40 AM
Thinking about the discussion on Strates/NAME double decker MGR's, wanted to see if we could discuss some other models.

I know we had two on our show, a 3 abreast AH racked in an old furniture van and the center was pulled behind that trailer (most likely not legal then or now). Then we had a 2 abreast MGR for the second unit racked in a straight truck with the center also pulled behind that truck. I believe the 2 abreast was a Cheftan......? Did I get that right? Had the Indian head scenery on the rounding boards.

So does anyone know about Wade's big MGR and Deggeller's big one. How many loads, I am figuring at least two if not more, set up/tear down time, amount of crew, etc.

Any other information on any MGR's or special unique racking?
Tornado
Thursday, March 28, 2019 1:45:23 PM
I don’t know the history of Wades 4-abreast (50 foot I believe) carousel, but I believe Deggeller’ s is a 4-abreast 50 foot Chance Grand Carousel. Reithoffer has the someone as Deggeller’ s and it moves on/in: trailer mounted center load (18 to 20 foot trailer) and three 28 foot van loads.
If my memory serves me correctly I thought I read somewhere that the owner of the old CVS shows (Floyd) worked with Chance on designing and building the first 4-abreast 50 foot Grand Carousel (and the same for the Chance Giant Wheel). The 4-abreast that CVS had I believe is now on NAME, though I’m NOT 100% on that.