• Operations Topic Starter
Thursday, March 14, 2019 4:39:13 PM
https://fairexpo.s3.amaz...2019/pdf/Size%20Wise.pdf 
52 adult rides
37 kids rides
Specatular, but i miss the double loop.
thunderbolt85
Friday, March 15, 2019 7:09:08 AM
Yep miss the Doppel Looping, Drop of Fear, WildCat, SnoBall Express and Defender, but alas things change.

What happened to the following NAME rides:

Round Up
Trailer mtn Scrambler
Music Express (with cover over tubs)

JustinJames
Friday, March 15, 2019 9:05:49 AM
That Musik Express was the first Bertazzon model to be imported to the us back around 94(ish) by Pugh Shows. It is now owned by Mike Featherstone's Gold Star Amusements. It ceased to use the "caterpillar" feature before the end of the Pugh era due to maitenence woes.

Round Up and TM Scrambler still travel with the Mid-America units.
JustinJames
Friday, March 15, 2019 9:08:13 AM
The Roundup was in need of some serious TLC when I saw it last year.
ridejocky
Friday, March 15, 2019 11:21:00 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

The Roundup was in need of some serious TLC when I saw it last year.

Any Super Round-Ups still going?

The last (only?) one I saw was at Cal Expo in '77 and was owned by Western Pacific Shows. I think Western Pacific (the Lopez Brothers?) went tits-up years ago, but they had a lot of nice stuff back then...

Ride the Zipper?
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, March 15, 2019 6:13:49 PM

Looks like a great lineup! I would love to see the double decker merry go round and interesting that they have two mega drops.
RodB
Tornado
Friday, March 15, 2019 10:28:49 PM
lots of duplicates... But, with 98 rides hard not to...
Tornado
Friday, March 15, 2019 10:34:27 PM
Also I see the freak out but no KMG Fire ball... they have 3 of them so you would think one would be there?
JustinJames
Saturday, March 16, 2019 12:44:52 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Also I see the freak out but no KMG Fire ball... they have 3 of them so you would think one would be there?

Most older Fireballs are down pending new sweeps and cars. Not sure what NAME intends to do on that issue.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:20:26 PM

Most older Fireballs are down pending new sweeps and cars. Not sure what NAME intends to do on that issue.

Looks like they replaced it with the two new Technical Park rides that they added. One is in Miami as we speak.
BeauceCarnavalMan
thunderbolt85
Monday, March 18, 2019 6:55:00 AM
Originally Posted by: rodler 

Looks like a great lineup! I would love to see the double decker merry go round and interesting that they have two mega drops.

That double decker is beautiful in person, very nice looking MGR, but I wonder if it has the same capacity as the PTC MGR that he dropped years ago. But even if it doesn't its a "one of kind" in the United States....at least on the road.
Tornado
Friday, March 22, 2019 12:26:12 PM

thanks Justin makes sense. I know 3 shows (Butler, Reithoffer, Strates) that have done the new sweep and car work and have the ride back out.
thunderbolt85
Monday, March 25, 2019 6:48:37 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

thanks Justin makes sense. I know 3 shows (Butler, Reithoffer, Strates) that have done the new sweep and car work and have the ride back out.

Drew updated his FireBall tubs, I noticed none of the new tubs have lights on the back like the old models, was that by design for easy inspection or was it because they were just in a hurry to fill everyone's orders?
JustinJames
Monday, March 25, 2019 5:47:11 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Drew updated his FireBall tubs, I noticed none of the new tubs have lights on the back like the old models, was that by design for easy inspection or was it because they were just in a hurry to fill everyone's orders?

Both Strates and Wade have lights. Not sure otherwise.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:59:58 AM

Both Strates and Wade have lights. Not sure otherwise.

Ok thanks, haven't seen Strates up close yet, Drew's model didn't have lights anymore, but he got his back on the road pretty quick so maybe that was just because it was a rush job then.