SHOWMEN'S MARKETPLACE - CLASSIFIED ADS
  
Click here to learn how YOU can advertise in the Showmen's Marketplace.

Home | News | Marketplace & Classifieds | Photo Galleries | Advertise | Contact Us
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline thunderbolt85  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 12:17:19 PM(UTC)
thunderbolt85
Rank: Operations Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,051
Location: Greenville SC

Thanks: 624 times
Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Wanted to know if anyone that comes to this site was on the crew that moved Deggeller's 1001 Nights that he had back in the 80s.

That was a beautiful ride, personally I thought better looking than the Rainbow. Have often wondered if that ride had the same problems as the Rainbow in regards to the tub hub point issues.

I believe there are a few in Europe that are still on the road, and Knoebels amusement park in PA still has one. They still have many classic rides like the Looper. They have Deggeller's old Dutch Wheel, but I believe their 1001 Nights came from CVS.
Sponsor
Offline Teejay  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 9:04:43 AM(UTC)
Teejay
Rank: Green Help

Reputation:

Groups: Approved Members
Joined: 4/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 4
Germany
Location: Bochum (Germany)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 Go to Quoted Post
I believe there are a few in Europe that are still on the road


Here, in Germany the showman Michael Hartmann is travelling with a "1001 Nacht".

2018
Daytime


Nighttime


This is a list that I am trying to keep updated about the 1001 Nacht
thanks 1 user thanked Teejay for this useful post.
thunderbolt85 on 2/11/2019(UTC)
Offline Tornado  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 4:51:36 PM(UTC)
Tornado
Rank: Ride Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,431
Location: ,

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Back in the late 90's early 2000's RCS had a Weber 1001 Nacht on their miday. Not sure if it was theirs or not, perhaps Bishop's, but it looked great... And i agree I thought it looked better than a Rainbow (though Rainbow's look great too)... Saw it at Houston and at LA County.
Also, saw CVS's the year it played Dade county in Miami. Next to it , or very near to it, was Butler's Evolution. Yes, all the way from California... And on the other end of the midway was Conklin's Rainbow, with no back drop. Looks much better with one, but they never used one.

Also, would love to see the Weber 1001 Nacht racked... From seeing CVS's and the one with RCS I know the center was not trail mounted like the Huss Rainbow. The center and the gondola used what looked like a container style mounting/loading system, like what you see on normal containers coming off a ship. But never got to see it racked and always wondered how it was done and what is looked like :-(
thanks 1 user thanked Tornado for this useful post.
thunderbolt85 on 2/11/2019(UTC)
Offline ridejocky  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 2:09:56 AM(UTC)
ridejocky
Rank: Maintenance Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2010(UTC)
Posts: 663
Location: Bangkok

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 78 post(s)
There was a 1001 booked with States back in the ‘80s.

I forgot the guy’s name. Might have been the same guy Strates got the Tri Star from...

Yeah, I thought the 1001 had it all over on the Rainbow...
Ride the Zipper?
thanks 1 user thanked ridejocky for this useful post.
thunderbolt85 on 2/11/2019(UTC)
Offline thunderbolt85  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:31:44 AM(UTC)
thunderbolt85
Rank: Operations Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,051
Location: Greenville SC

Thanks: 624 times
Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tornado Go to Quoted Post
Back in the late 90's early 2000's RCS had a Weber 1001 Nacht on their miday. Not sure if it was theirs or not, perhaps Bishop's, but it looked great... And i agree I thought it looked better than a Rainbow (though Rainbow's look great too)... Saw it at Houston and at LA County.
Also, saw CVS's the year it played Dade county in Miami. Next to it , or very near to it, was Butler's Evolution. Yes, all the way from California... And on the other end of the midway was Conklin's Rainbow, with no back drop. Looks much better with one, but they never used one.

Also, would love to see the Weber 1001 Nacht racked... From seeing CVS's and the one with RCS I know the center was not trail mounted like the Huss Rainbow. The center and the gondola used what looked like a container style mounting/loading system, like what you see on normal containers coming off a ship. But never got to see it racked and always wondered how it was done and what is looked like :-(



Wow, that's interesting, Deggeller's center was trailer mounted and the tub load was open and racked on a trailer that sat under the tub when the ride was set up, much like the Rainbow. What I could never figure out was how they got the trailer over the trailer of the center/tower load because you know the trailer for that was very low, but still.

And you know Conklin never used a backwall for any of their Huss rides, not that I saw.
Offline thunderbolt85  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 11:33:33 AM(UTC)
thunderbolt85
Rank: Operations Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,051
Location: Greenville SC

Thanks: 624 times
Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ridejocky Go to Quoted Post
There was a 1001 booked with States back in the ‘80s.

I forgot the guy’s name. Might have been the same guy Strates got the Tri Star from...

Yeah, I thought the 1001 had it all over on the Rainbow...



You know Deggeller booked his Ranger and Breakdance with Strates at spots, do you think it was him?

Loved that TriStar, rode it everytime, love the hum of those motors.
Offline Tornado  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:29:58 PM(UTC)
Tornado
Rank: Ride Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,431
Location: ,

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 Go to Quoted Post
Wow, that's interesting, Deggeller's center was trailer mounted and the tub load was open and racked on a trailer that sat under the tub when the ride was set up, much like the Rainbow. What I could never figure out was how they got the trailer over the trailer of the center/tower load because you know the trailer for that was very low, but still.

And you know Conklin never used a backwall for any of their Huss rides, not that I saw.



Was Deggeller's a Weber or Huss-Weber? At some point didn't Huss-Weber build some 1001's together? May be this was when the trailer mounting of the center was done? Or the Deggeller's was just a newer model then CVS's the one on RCS...
Offline ridejocky  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 5:36:18 PM(UTC)
ridejocky
Rank: Maintenance Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2010(UTC)
Posts: 663
Location: Bangkok

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 Go to Quoted Post
You know Deggeller booked his Ranger and Breakdance with Strates at spots, do you think it was him?

Loved that TriStar, rode it everytime, love the hum of those motors.


I don’t think it was Degglar,.
Ride the Zipper?
thanks 1 user thanked ridejocky for this useful post.
thunderbolt85 on 2/11/2019(UTC)
Offline thunderbolt85  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 5:59:59 PM(UTC)
thunderbolt85
Rank: Operations Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,051
Location: Greenville SC

Thanks: 624 times
Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 194 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tornado Go to Quoted Post
Was Deggeller's a Weber or Huss-Weber? At some point didn't Huss-Weber build some 1001's together? May be this was when the trailer mounting of the center was done? Or the Deggeller's was just a newer model then CVS's the one on RCS...



I kick myself for not taking pictures back then, but I remember "Weber" on the ride, on the main boom/tower or sweep.

There are a couple of pictures of his unit at this link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/19558688@N02/albums/72157624660542625/with/4917690951/

Offline ridejocky  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:02:59 AM(UTC)
ridejocky
Rank: Maintenance Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2010(UTC)
Posts: 663
Location: Bangkok

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Was there a guy named Reed that owned one?
Ride the Zipper?
Offline swooper  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:11:00 PM(UTC)
swooper
Rank: Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/24/2003(UTC)
Posts: 394
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

Thanks: 19 times
Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 21 post(s)
There was what appeared to be a brand new one at the very first meadowlands fair.
don't know wo owned it but it was a Webber
I always thought it was the one now at knoelbels but I am not sure
Offline ridejocky  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:14:22 PM(UTC)
ridejocky
Rank: Maintenance Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2010(UTC)
Posts: 663
Location: Bangkok

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 78 post(s)
What year was that?
Ride the Zipper?
Offline Tornado  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:52:35 PM(UTC)
Tornado
Rank: Ride Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,431
Location: ,

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 Go to Quoted Post
I kick myself for not taking pictures back then, but I remember "Weber" on the ride, on the main boom/tower or sweep.

There are a couple of pictures of his unit at this link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/19558688@N02/albums/72157624660542625/with/4917690951/




Thanks.
From the picture from this link this looks to be a ground mounted center. Don't see any wheels in the pic.

Deggeller Weber 1001's
Offline swooper  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:11:31 PM(UTC)
swooper
Rank: Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/24/2003(UTC)
Posts: 394
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

Thanks: 19 times
Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ridejocky Go to Quoted Post
What year was that?


Not sure but ill try to check some photos tonight
Offline swooper  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:17:17 PM(UTC)
swooper
Rank: Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/24/2003(UTC)
Posts: 394
Location: Hillsborough, NJ

Thanks: 19 times
Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ridejocky Go to Quoted Post
What year was that?


was 1985
not band new but in great shape
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.