thunderbolt85
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:43:03 PM

I am wondering if Reithoffer did sell the ride, to this amusement park, it sure looks a lot like the one they had and the caption says they just put it in this year.

any one know of this park up there?
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:22:43 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpQrkKMtT5c

I am wondering if Reithoffer did sell the ride, to this amusement park, it sure looks a lot like the one they had and the caption says they just put it in this year.

Thats a different one. Same ride, just not the Reithoffer one.
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Tornado
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:19:29 PM
The only other one that was in North America besides Reithoffer's was at Man and His World/Le Ron in Montreal. It was removed many many years ago, wonder if this it that one?

Reithoffer's had the fountain in the middle lights around the inside perimeter of the roof and lights around the center where the sweep connect. Wonder what the out side looks like?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:49:29 PM
Didn't Darien Lake have a sea storm in the 80s or 90s called raging seas?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:49:27 AM
Originally Posted by: JimmyD 

Thats a different one. Same ride, just not the Reithoffer one.

Ok thanks JimmyD.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:50:33 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

The only other one that was in North America besides Reithoffer's was at Man and His World/Le Ron in Montreal. It was removed many many years ago, wonder if this it that one?

Reithoffer's had the fountain in the middle lights around the inside perimeter of the roof and lights around the center where the sweep connect. Wonder what the out side looks like?

If its the same as Reithoffer's its beautiful on the outside, lots of lights, if I remember there are like street lamps on the upright supports. Very unique and great looking ride.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, November 8, 2018 6:51:39 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Didn't Darien Lake have a sea storm in the 80s or 90s called raging seas?

Not sure about that, but Carowinds has something that looks a lot like one, without the top and all the scenery, just the boats and bottom.

https://www.carowinds.co...ay/rides/peanuts-pirates 

Looks a little smaller though.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 25, 2018 7:39:08 AM
The last I heard of the Reithoffer ride someone said it was parked at a Fairground in N.C. somewhere and that it was rusting away.

We had a ride very similar to this ride shown at Magic Springs in Hot Springs. It was built by Zamperla but the tubs never turned. The ride was taken out of the park a few years ago. Each ship was painted like a Pirate ship with a huge skull in the center with an eye patch. The ride was called Pirates Revenge I believe.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 25, 2018 11:32:40 AM
think it is parked on (or was) the Davidson County Fairgrounds in Lexington NC.
thunderbolt85
Monday, November 26, 2018 7:01:04 AM
Originally Posted by: britt 

think it is parked on (or was) the Davidson County Fairgrounds in Lexington NC.

I pulled a satellite image just a few weeks ago and couldn't find it, it was parked there, there was even a road level image from google maps showing it parked there, but now its changed.

So either sold, moved to Florida (or somewhere else), or scrapped (which I really hope is not the case).
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, November 26, 2018 8:56:23 PM

I pulled a satellite image just a few weeks ago and couldn't find it, it was parked there, there was even a road level image from google maps showing it parked there, but now its changed.

So either sold, moved to Florida (or somewhere else), or scrapped (which I really hope is not the case).

Its been at the Florida WQ for a few years now I believe.
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
cny_chris
Sunday, December 2, 2018 8:45:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpQrkKMtT5c

Wrong Fantasy Island. Video is from the Fantasy Island in England, not the one in NY.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
thunderbolt85
Monday, December 3, 2018 6:26:07 AM
Ok, so way off then, just a nice looking model over in England.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, December 3, 2018 6:27:04 PM
Canada's Wonderland had one years ago long sold.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tornado
Tuesday, December 4, 2018 7:45:57 AM
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

Canada's Wonderland had one years ago long sold.

was Wonderland around/near Montreal?
If so I remember seeing and riding it. the ONLY other one I ever saw besides Reithoffer's...