thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:16:14 AM
I read yesterday on Modern Midway's FB page (and Carnival Warehouse) that they are bringing back the King of the Midway next year. From the pictures looks like they did a really great refurb with (some) classic colors and I think old time light bulbs. The tubs are white instead of the multicolor, but still it looks very sharp.

I hope this is a trend, now the list of shows with a Sky Wheel is a little longer:

Big Rock
Modern Midways
Miller Spec. Midways
Drew Expo (Space Wheels)
Belle City Amusements

and I think a few out west, just can't remember who right now. I know there will never be as many on the road again as before, just glad to see some coming back out.

I think Wade should bring his back out, or at least one of them.

Speaking of them, does anyone know what happened to the one Reithoffer had? They dropped it, then brought it back out for a while and dropped it again. I think J&J had the old green and white one that Deggeller had at one time. I know Big A's went to Powers, then to Smokey Mtn Amusements. Not sure what happened to the one Amusements of Buffalo had, or Conklin's and CVS.
Astro85
Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:29:45 PM
Hopefully they’ll bring it to Hoffman Estates for the 4th Fest next year. I’ve never seen one in person. Would be really cool to see.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:55:55 AM
Originally Posted by: Astro85 

Hopefully they’ll bring it to Hoffman Estates for the 4th Fest next year. I’ve never seen one in person. Would be really cool to see.

Well, I hope they bring it in for you, yep there is nothing like getting close to the event and seeing the glow of green and yellow lights in the night sky.

If they do bring it, try to get over to see it being set up, that is a sight to see as well as tear down.

I knew Modern had the one, but didn't know they another one, so I guess this one isn't the blue one they had.
JustinJames
Thursday, November 1, 2018 10:05:40 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Well, I hope they bring it in for you, yep there is nothing like getting close to the event and seeing the glow of green and yellow lights in the night sky.

If they do bring it, try to get over to see it being set up, that is a sight to see as well as tear down.

I knew Modern had the one, but didn't know they another one, so I guess this one isn't the blue one they had.

Purchased from Poor Jack. Signs and tubs were used from the former Pugh ride.
Astro85
Thursday, November 1, 2018 3:12:05 PM
Yeah looks great. Can’t wait to see it in person.
mgr man
Friday, November 2, 2018 10:32:43 PM
What about Megerle's Sky Wheel?
thunderbolt85
Monday, November 5, 2018 6:19:57 AM
Originally Posted by: mgr man 

What about Megerle's Sky Wheel?

Yep, you're right forgot about that one.
swooper
Monday, November 5, 2018 12:12:32 PM
Does anyone know of a Sky Wheel that was moved by Jimmy Haynes or Hanes and what happened to it.

I don't think it was his i think he was moving it for someone perhaps Dowis.

this goes back to the 1970's