thunderbolt85
Monday, July 30, 2018 7:19:43 AM
Was reading an online story along with the WV website about another new coaster Reithoffer is adding that will debut at the WV State Fair. Says its the third largest in the country, so thought it was a Wild Cat but looks more like one of the newer Galaxy type coasters. Anyhow it looks nice, with double car train.

Also read in a news story they are in the top 3 finals for a state fair, will be interesting to see if they get another one.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, July 30, 2018 10:21:43 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Was reading an online story along with the WV website about another new coaster Reithoffer is adding that will debut at the WV State Fair. Says its the third largest in the country, so thought it was a Wild Cat but looks more like one of the newer Galaxy type coasters. Anyhow it looks nice, with double car train.

Also read in a news story they are in the top 3 finals for a state fair, will be interesting to see if they get another one.

Wow! They are really investing in their show. Do you know how many rides they carry on each unit?
RodB
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, July 30, 2018 12:34:02 PM
Published finalists for Ohio State Fair are Amusements of America, Reithoffer and Talley Amusements.
thunderbolt85
Monday, July 30, 2018 1:44:37 PM
Originally Posted by: rodler 

Wow! They are really investing in their show. Do you know how many rides they carry on each unit?

Don't have an official count, but maybe 40-50 for each unit.

Yeah they are, besides the coaster they bought a two trailer slide and I believe a wacky worm as well.
bigjlh
Monday, July 30, 2018 2:56:03 PM
talley amusements,well organized top notch outfit,see them frequently all there pieces look good,very vast selection.every detail from rolling stock to employees again top shelf.but with that being said all three outfits put on a great show.ok then.bigjlh i commented because it has been noted here on site.wish them all luck reithoffer has spots in this region new mexico,also lubbock tx.pieces never seen in area.ok then get long winded lol.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, July 30, 2018 7:35:07 PM

Talley`s Mega Drop was at our state fair many years ago and I worked the gate behind the midway. Many people in the campgrounds and at our gate watched as they raised that puppy in the air with amazement. I can remember many too scared to ride it and when I left work I drove to a roadside park outside of town and just sat and enjoyed the lightshow. Good memories!
RodB
Carnivalbuff
Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:30:26 AM
Talley Amusements is one of those shows you really don't hear much about, at least I don't.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:51:28 AM
Originally Posted by: Carnivalbuff 

Talley Amusements is one of those shows you really don't hear much about, at least I don't.

I know, but looks like a really nice show. Does anyone have any history on Talley?
Tornado
Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:37:47 PM
Originally Posted by: rodler 

From knowledge and experience of them:

Blue unit around the 64 piece mark
Orange Unit around the 52 piece mark

Remember Mouse, Stinger and a couple other go between units...
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:47:02 AM
Thinking about years ago, I know Reithoffer had a Himalaya at one time, think it travelled on the Green unit most of the time.

But didn't they have a Flying Bobs for a while there? Seems like I remember one at the Piedmont Interstate fair, unless it was booked.

Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, August 2, 2018 10:59:09 AM
Reithoffer may not get the Ohio State Fair this go round but.... I can foresee the show playing Ohio and then Iowa State Fair going west. Yes I know Des Moines is independent but this whole scenario can't be working for them. I truly expect them to ditch the idea and book a show.
bigjlh
Thursday, August 2, 2018 12:24:51 PM
reithoffer shows,would be a good fit for any state fair.they have the iron,go as far west as new mexicco,would not suprise me if they went farther west.ok then bigjlh
thunderbolt85
Thursday, August 2, 2018 1:06:56 PM
Originally Posted by: bigjlh 

reithoffer shows,would be a good fit for any state fair.they have the iron,go as far west as new mexicco,would not suprise me if they went farther west.ok then bigjlh

Yes, the Blue Unit is very sharp and really adding the equipment.
TN JOHN
Friday, August 3, 2018 9:10:53 AM
Blue unit will be playing the Wilson Co Fair starting on Friday Aug 17. Should be a good line up with just over 50 rides scheduled to be there. Already on the lot is the stinger and the new Euro slide
thunderbolt85
Friday, August 3, 2018 12:11:10 PM
Yep, you should have a really nice midway in there, hopefully you will get the Super Himalaya and Tidal Wave as well.

I am thinking they bring two coasters in, the Mouse and one of the new ones? Be sure to let us know what all they have.