thunderbolt85
Monday, June 4, 2018 12:30:30 PM
So, reading another thread got me to thinking about all the Huss Rides that have come to America and been on the road. So here is a list of what I know/remember, please feel free to add or correct if needed, or tell any stories you have of moving these rides or just any stories.

I will do this by show from what I saw and read about, again, please correct if needed.

1. Conklin Shows: Pirate, Enterprise, Rainbow

2. Strates Shows: Pirate, Enterprise, Rainbow, Tristar, Top Spin

3. Deggeller: Pirate, Enterprise, Ranger, 1001 Nights (believe this was a Huss/Weber piece?), BreakDance, Top Spin (smaller model), Flipper

4. Reithoffer: Rainbow, Enterprise, Flipper

5. Drew Expo: Pirate, Enterprise

6. Carnival Time Shows: Pirate (booked in)

7. Wade Shows: Pirate, Enterprise, Rainbow

8. Frankies East Coast: Enterprise (now belongs to Strates)

9. Royal American Shows: Rainbow, Enterprise

10. Link Shows: Enterprise, Rainbow (now with Wade)

11. Goodings Million Dollar Midways: Swing Around

12. Funtastic Shows: Jumping?

Did I miss anyone or any ride?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, June 4, 2018 1:44:45 PM
Didn't Link have a Pirate too? Thought all three went to Wade. I thought Greg link travelled with Strates for a short time to learn how to move the 3 pieces. Then Wade sold the Huss and kept an SDC.
thunderbolt85
Monday, June 4, 2018 2:38:42 PM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Didn't Link have a Pirate too? Thought all three went to Wade. I thought Greg link travelled with Strates for a short time to learn how to move the 3 pieces. Then Wade sold the Huss and kept an SDC.

You may be right sure enough. I remember I visited Link's midway once, it was in Columbus Ga, a friend and I got there early, so midway was empty and it was a spring fair and I saw the Enterprise and Rainbow, but I don't remember the Pirate, however doesn't mean that it wasn't there or somewhere else.

You must be right because do remember Wade having a Huss model and a story on the trade some years ago in Carnival Mag.
Tornado
Monday, June 4, 2018 3:41:45 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

So, reading another thread got me to thinking about all the Huss Rides that have come to America and been on the road. So here is a list of what I know/remember, please feel free to add or correct if needed, or tell any stories you have of moving these rides or just any stories.

I will do this by show from what I saw and read about, again, please correct if needed.

1. Conklin Shows: Pirate, Enterprise, Rainbow

2. Strates Shows: Pirate, Enterprise, Rainbow, Tristar, Top Spin

3. Deggeller: Pirate, Enterprise, Ranger, 1001 Nights (believe this was a Huss/Weber piece?), BreakDance, Top Spin (smaller model), Flipper

4. Reithoffer: Rainbow, Enterprise, Flipper

5. Drew Expo: Pirate, Enterprise

6. Carnival Time Shows: Pirate (booked in)

7. Wade Shows: Pirate, Enterprise, Rainbow

8. Frankies East Coast: Enterprise (now belongs to Strates)

9. Royal American Shows: Rainbow, Enterprise

10. Link Shows: Enterprise, Rainbow (now with Wade)

11. Goodings Million Dollar Midways: Swing Around

12. Funtastic Shows: Jumping?

Did I miss anyone or any ride?

Deggeller: Was that actually Deggeller's Break Dance or was it booked in? Only around for a 1 right?
don't believe they use the Top Spin-2 model they have. Too heavy.
and believe the Pirate is sitting in their WQ

Strates: They may be adding the Frisbee, i'm not 100% on that though...

Conklin: their pirate was called Tital Wave. And believe they had another Huss piece, Swing Around?

Wade: Yes they had the Huss Pirate too, though spelled "Pirat"

Vandervorst: Has or had a Flipper. Was with Reithoffer the first couple years they did the New Mexico State fair

Tornado
Monday, June 4, 2018 3:54:56 PM
And thinking about it, Cumberland Valley Shows and Ray Cammack Shows both had the 1001 Knights. I'm not sure if they were Huss/Weber or just Weber though???
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, June 4, 2018 11:56:55 PM
Conklin may have had a Huss UFO at one point. Saw it at Maple Leaf Village in Niagara Falls for one season. They were running the park so it MAY have been theirs. They used to put rides in parks until the CNE in Toronto in August. They had a Huss tri Star in the park one year too. I think they leased a Pirate, Rainbow and Tristar for the season, around 1983. Rainbow may have stayed in the park for a few years but the other two were only there a short time.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:32:23 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

And thinking about it, Cumberland Valley Shows and Ray Cammack Shows both had the 1001 Knights. I'm not sure if they were Huss/Weber or just Weber though???

Yep, you are right forgot about CVS 1001 Nights, which I believe is actually now in Knoebels park in Pa, and they have Deggeller's old Dutch wheel which looks really great.

Didn't know about Cammack having one.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:34:36 AM

Conklin may have had a Huss UFO at one point. Saw it at Maple Leaf Village in Niagara Falls for one season. They were running the park so it MAY have been theirs. They used to put rides in parks until the CNE in Toronto in August. They had a Huss tri Star in the park one year too. I think they leased a Pirate, Rainbow and Tristar for the season, around 1983. Rainbow may have stayed in the park for a few years but the other two were only there a short time.

Yep, they sure did, forgot about that one as well. There is an old Carnival Mag issue that was on Conklin back in the 90s, they have a two page picture of the CNE and you can just see the TriStar in the background, along with a lot of other interesting rides.

I believe the picture shows their Jet Star Coaster as well.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:38:19 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Deggeller: Was that actually Deggeller's Break Dance or was it booked in? Only around for a 1 right?
don't believe they use the Top Spin-2 model they have. Too heavy.
and believe the Pirate is sitting in their WQ

Strates: They may be adding the Frisbee, i'm not 100% on that though...

Conklin: their pirate was called Tital Wave. And believe they had another Huss piece, Swing Around?

Wade: Yes they had the Huss Pirate too, though spelled "Pirat"

Vandervorst: Has or had a Flipper. Was with Reithoffer the first couple years they did the New Mexico State fair

You know I have never found out if they leased it or bought it, but it was only on the road for one year. I know it played the Florida State fair, the Central Florida fair with Strates, and it came to the Upper SC State Fair, not sure of what other spots it played.

Back then it was interesting because Deggeller would "park" rides at the fairgrounds during the spring and summer. I guess he used it as a staging area from Florida. I can remember riding by there and he had the Giant Wheel there for a few weeks, two loads of the Break Dance, some loads of the 1001 Nights, kiddie loads, and a few other rides. They would come and go during the summer until the fair.

Tornado
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 4:16:01 PM

Yep, you are right forgot about CVS 1001 Nights, which I believe is actually now in Knoebels park in Pa, and they have Deggeller's old Dutch wheel which looks really great.

Didn't know about Cammack having one.

It was RCS's or bishops, but they did have one.
Tornado
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 4:17:07 PM

Yes that was it, the UFO.
Thanks for all the other info as well.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, June 6, 2018 6:57:25 AM
Back in the late 80s or early 90s saw a picture of the Pitt County Fair in Greenville NC with AofA there. They had a Huss Rainbow, so it must have been booked in since they never owned one, does anyone know who's Rainbow that was?
Tornado
Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:17:59 AM

Back in the late 80s or early 90s saw a picture of the Pitt County Fair in Greenville NC with AofA there. They had a Huss Rainbow, so it must have been booked in since they never owned one, does anyone know who's Rainbow that was?

No wait...
I believe Big A did have a Rainbow at one point... Remember seeing it now that you mentioned them. So, another one for the list.

And Wall Amusements had a Rainbow, the old Royal American I believe, as well. Remember seeing it at the Meadows Lands with Big A. And this is not the one I mentioned aabove...
Tornado
Wednesday, June 6, 2018 9:19:43 AM
Also, Funtastic has an Enterprise too....