mgr man
  •  mgr man
  • 63.12% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, October 6, 2017 1:24:27 AM
Strates is playing the Dixie Classic Fair, in Winston-Salem,North Carolina. Admission is 10 dollars,with parking at 8 dollars, 10 on the weekends, and a ride wristband at 40 dollars,except on discount days when it is 35 dollars. Some photos,photos 
thunderbolt85
Monday, October 9, 2017 6:53:39 AM
Anybody know who's Scrambler, and Paratrooper that is booked in?
ridejocky
Monday, October 9, 2017 9:33:51 AM
Kind of sad..,
Ride the Zipper?
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 9, 2017 9:51:17 AM

That pricing is steep. would cost a person $60.00 to park, get into gate and wristband. then add food and other things. imagine if you were trying to bring out a family.
Carnivalbuff
Monday, October 9, 2017 12:29:26 PM
Looks like a great ride assortment. Some duplicates though. The scrambler and Paratrooper must belong to someone else.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 9, 2017 9:53:41 PM
Scrambler is probably Billy Wilson's as is Bear Affair. don't know about trooper.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:17:50 AM
Originally Posted by: britt 

That pricing is steep. would cost a person $60.00 to park, get into gate and wristband. then add food and other things. imagine if you were trying to bring out a family.

Some fairs charge way too much, there is one county fair here close to me that charges $10 at the gate, same amount as the state fair and this county fair does not have near the stuff to do and see as the state fair.

I get it that costs go up, but jeez, if you want to attract folks to the fair you have got to make it reasonable based on what you offer, and the midway although still a good one, it has gotten smaller over the years with a few less "big" rides. This fair used to have a coaster every year, now it doesn't.

Folks do pay attention to that stuff, once they get to enjoying certain types of rides at a fair, then those rides don't show up anymore and the gate price still goes up, well they don't come back.

Now, I have never been to the Dixie classic fair, but it always seems like that Strates brings a strong midway. Not sure about the other stuff the fair offers, if its any good, but I would go if it was closer.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:52:20 AM

NCSF wristbands are 25 in advance and 35 if bought on site. there are 101 pieces there in Raleigh.not sure what gate is and there is free parking available. there are paid lots also on private property.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:09:52 AM
Yeah, that to me is a great price for all the rides they have at the NCSF, what they have a couple of coasters, bunch of music rides, and then all the other equipment.

I think Columbia usually has around 70 rides with a couple of coasters and a Log Flume as well. They just started last year or so charging for parking ($5) which a lot of folks were complaining about. But offsite parking is about $10 in some spots.

I've seen Conklin and NAME in there, wish I had been able to make it down when Deggeller had it, or see pictures of it.
mgr man
  •  mgr man
  • 63.12% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, October 14, 2017 8:14:08 PM
the paratrooper had a sign that said brinkley
thunderbolt85
Monday, October 16, 2017 6:39:29 AM
Gotcha, thanks for the update, yeah, Brinkley is a really nice growing show, they have some good classics.