mgr man
  •  mgr man
  • 63.12% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, September 29, 2017 11:23:55 PM
Reithoffer is playing the Bloomsburg, Pa fair. Admission is 8 dollars, parking is 5 dollars, and a ride wristband is 30 dollars. Some photos,photos 
ridejocky
Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:25:41 AM
Nice pics, doesn't look like they had much.

That Tidal Wave is a re-themed bobs?
Ride the Zipper?
Benjibear
Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:04:48 PM
Since Reithoffer lost York a few years ago, it appears that their presence at Bloomsburg is dwindling. There was a lot of rides booked in from other shows. I see stuff in these pictures and others that I saw of equipment from Penn Valley Shows, SwikaS, and Bartlebaugh. There may even be others. It seams like the midway is very light on rides. There used to be a lot more. Also, Reithoffer had to pull the wild claw out since it failed inspection because of the issues with the KMG rides. I always thought Bloomsburg wasn't good for them and that appears to be the truth. How much longer will they hold the contract?

So what other major fair had a Garbrick Spindle on the midway? I don't see many of these around.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
olediggerguy
Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:19:31 PM
They've held the spot for decades. It was never a big spot for the carnival. Big attendance... and ALOT of repeat customers...but the show is all the way in the back , and quite frankly...never had the space to really look that good.
They signed the Lubbock TX spot on the same week on the way back from New Mexico. I would bet they are looking at more spots out that way and would not be heartbroken to loose Bloomsburg.
ridejocky
Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:52:42 PM
I never thought York was that great when I played it with Strates.

Good food though..,

So is that Tidal Wave a re-themed bobs?
Ride the Zipper?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:43:14 PM
Tidal Wave is a rethemed Thunderbolt. It may be the prototype T-bolt or serial # 001.
Artwork by TJ the Painter.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:54:38 AM
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

Since Reithoffer lost York a few years ago, it appears that their presence at Bloomsburg is dwindling. There was a lot of rides booked in from other shows. I see stuff in these pictures and others that I saw of equipment from Penn Valley Shows, SwikaS, and Bartlebaugh. There may even be others. It seams like the midway is very light on rides. There used to be a lot more. Also, Reithoffer had to pull the wild claw out since it failed inspection because of the issues with the KMG rides. I always thought Bloomsburg wasn't good for them and that appears to be the truth. How much longer will they hold the contract?

So what other major fair had a Garbrick Spindle on the midway? I don't see many of these around.

They were "light" on the rides at the Upper SC State Fair this year as well. There was a lot of dead space between rides, and kiddie rides put way out in areas normally that had big rides or joints, not very many joints either.