Home | Carnival News | Fair News | Park News | Classifieds & Help Wanted | Galleries | Contact
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline flamo  
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:39:56 PM(UTC)
flamo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 310 time(s) in 188 post(s)
I agree with Blake. But here is where the rub comes in. It's all about realism today. Just look at today's video games. How close to real do you want to get? Even the modelers here will tell you the close to real the better. Toy manufactures are the same. Just like mommy and daddy's. Add lack of parental supervision and what do you get? As for me maybe it is time for the local police, not the school system, have a mandatory course in fire arm safety starting in JR high. Part of the course being live fire training at the their firing range and let the kids shoot rounds from a pistol, rifle and shotgun. I believe kids will get a new found respect of the destruction they can cause. I learned early you can't put the bullet back in the gun after the trigger is pulled.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
thanks 3 users thanked flamo for this useful post.
Bowler Roller on 1/28/2012(UTC), secret.squirrel on 1/29/2012(UTC), Skywheelrider on 1/29/2012(UTC)
Offline Blake  
#32 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 2:34:41 AM(UTC)
Blake

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thank you JustJeff Smile

Flamo - That's a great idea. There are plenty of veterans coming home (and recently arrived) who could use the work. Between them and local LEO's there should be plenty of teachers who can distinguish the difference for the kiddies.

I think "middle school"/Jr. High students are the perfect age to learn about gun safety in depth. Before that the majority should just be told, "Don't touch that". Exceptions will occur.

This is when they are usually expected to mature. They will be dissecting animals in science classes, reading more grown up books in English and begin primitive dating rituals; not to mention learning about politics and other real world horrors.

Later, in high school, these kids will attend Driver Education courses. They will be told the 4-cylinder '86 Honda they are practicing in is NOT a NASCAR vehicle or dragster. Maybe having gun safety courses off campus earlier will also help their parents and the Driver Ed. teacher mold their mushy minds around the idea of personal responsibility and CONSEQUENCES. guns1-1

Blake
Offline The Dude  
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2015 2:02:03 AM(UTC)
The Dude

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
flamo wrote:
Just look at today's video games. How close to real do you want to get? Even the modelers here will tell you the close to real the better.

Yes Flamo but dont you think GAMES ARE TOO REAL NOW??

Games are NOT SUPPOSED TO DEPICT REAL THINGS!! -- They are supposed to be FUN bud!!! (In the 80s they were INNOCENT FUN not like now)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed