Majestic Fan1982
Friday, March 13, 2015 7:53:11 PM
Whats everybodies thoughts of Reitheoffer signing the New Mexico state fair??
I think it's pretty cool they are expanding their route further westward now into the states.
Congrats on your new spot.
geewizz66
Friday, March 13, 2015 10:46:13 PM
That is one hell of a long haul both ways. I've heard that Murphy had a very high contract there. They are going to have to split the jump up OR they will stay out this way and work their way back. Either way the NM State Fair deserves a better show. The one that has been put on there has not been very good at all............................... Good luck to the Reithoffer's and the New Mexico State Fair!!!!!!!!

Geewizz66
geewizz66
Friday, March 13, 2015 10:54:49 PM
The dates are the same as Hutchinson. SO that means that they are bringing the second unit out to Albuquerque.

Geewizz66
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, March 13, 2015 11:46:09 PM
Reithoffer doesn't play Hutchinson.
thunderbolt85
Saturday, March 14, 2015 6:24:18 AM
Boy that's a long jump for one spot, I figure they will book in equipment though. Should be interesting to see how it goes.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, March 14, 2015 6:40:37 PM

Wow! Maybe they will have some of their rides already booked into some big fairs in the Midwest before New Mexico to make it a shorter jump. This could be interesting.
RodB
Carnivalbuff
Sunday, March 15, 2015 5:56:13 AM
I can't see any show traveling from the East coast where they usually play; all the way to New Mexico and back; and it being profitable.
thunderbolt85
Sunday, March 15, 2015 6:25:50 AM
Well the East Coast has gotten so competitive maybe they just want to spread out, look at Wade he is all over the country, Midwest, Eastcoast, even Texas.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 15, 2015 1:55:09 PM
Reithofffer regularly books a few pieces into the Minnesota State fair. Those pieces might go to New Mexico.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, March 16, 2015 3:03:06 AM

This will impact more than just Expo New Mexico. I think we are witnessing the beginning of another super carnival.
RodB
tiltcharles
Monday, March 16, 2015 8:11:21 AM
I agree Reithoffer is taking a different course. The jump won't be as big as you think. They will have spots in between too.
rideguyray
Monday, March 16, 2015 11:16:49 AM
This is great news for Reithoffer

I think we'll see Stinger, Freak Out, sky flyer, and or tango for sure in New Mexico, All four have been to Minnesota, Stinger went there last year instead of freak out.

This should be real interesting to see how it plays out with the route this fall.
The dates this year are Sept 10th to 20th, so it starts the thursday after Labor day,
Meanwhile here are all the Orange spots around that time:
Hebron harvest fair Sept 10-13th,
Great Frederick Fair Sept 18th-26th,
Davidson County Fair Sept 21-26th

Blue Spots:
Franklin County Fair Sept 10-13th,
Bloomsburg Fair Sept 25th-October 3rd

I think we will see quite a bit of unit flipping with the larger rides, Frederick will probably see a lot more stuff booked in, and even davidson in NC might see some booked in stuff
You guys got ideas on how this will all play out?
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
Tornado
Monday, March 16, 2015 11:21:12 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Reithofffer regularly books a few pieces into the Minnesota State fair. Those pieces might go to New Mexico.

Ya believe the article mentioned the equipment jumping out of Minn to NM.
rideguyray
Monday, March 16, 2015 11:47:47 AM
Yeah that will help ease the jump into New mexico for some stuff,
I like others are probably wondering where the Wild Mouse would end up now?, they could take it to Minn, but that is not enough time to jump it and assemble, i remember the foreman for mouse and stinger told me it is usually a 7 to 10 day set up for the mouse.
Most likely it wold come back here but not very sure as it is the most impressive out of the 3 major coasters they have
Time will tell as the saying goes
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
thunderbolt85
Monday, March 16, 2015 11:48:24 AM
Originally Posted by: rideguyray 

This is great news for Reithoffer

I think we'll see Stinger, Freak Out, sky flyer, and or tango for sure in New Mexico, All four have been to Minnesota, Stinger went there last year instead of freak out.

This should be real interesting to see how it plays out with the route this fall.
The dates this year are Sept 10th to 20th, so it starts the thursday after Labor day,
Meanwhile here are all the Orange spots around that time:
Hebron harvest fair Sept 10-13th,
Great Frederick Fair Sept 18th-26th,
Davidson County Fair Sept 21-26th

Blue Spots:
Franklin County Fair Sept 10-13th,
Bloomsburg Fair Sept 25th-October 3rd

I think we will see quite a bit of unit flipping with the larger rides, Frederick will probably see a lot more stuff booked in, and even davidson in NC might see some booked in stuff
You guys got ideas on how this will all play out?

They just signed up the Upper SC State fair which starts right before the NM fair, so just wondering now how that will play out for us, but the story did say they were looking to buy more equipment.