flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:08:01 PM
This is a very big weekend for most shows. We are now told Hurricane Arthur will be be moving up the east coast with wind and rain. Shows will no doubt take precautions but the revenue loss will be huge. Hopefully he will travel quickly with less wind and rain as predicted. Hopefully his effect will be minimal with no loss of life and little or no damage with shows getting at least Sunday in.

It appears Aurthur was somewhat of a dud. From the weather reports it seems he was a big rain event washing out maybe just a day. We can all be thankful for that blessing.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
BeauceCarnavalMan
Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:56:44 PM
Hope the east coast guys stay safe and hope it doesnt totally washout the long weekend
BeauceCarnavalMan
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, July 3, 2014 8:27:07 PM

seats are still on the garbrick wheel over at the OD Pavilion in NMB when I went by around 7pm. sure they removed the seats on the skywheel over in Carolina Beach as it is supposed to be stonger there. 10-15 mph sustained winds here with gust up to 25-30 which I must have gotten when I opened the storm door earlier and now have 2 new door closers to put on tomorrow. straightened the old ones to get thru today but they will leak oil and then I have to hear the wife complain. lol
rideguyray
Thursday, July 3, 2014 9:16:58 PM
Well here in the DC area, they are calling for wind/rain tonight and tmrw morning
all the weather guys say that by about 4pm tmrw all the storm will be far north of DC and a perfect but cool friday night and saturday
Perfect weather for DC shows and Fireworks, tonight is a rain out though 😞

Of course the DelMarVa beaches will have rip currents and such
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
skydiver77
Friday, July 4, 2014 11:27:59 PM
I've always wondered about this, and someone here may know, but does or has a show ever removed the cars from the Sky Diver during a really windy time? ...or if they know bad weather is nearing, they remove the Diver's cars? Or not...because those Diver tubs are secured with pins front & back, so there's no way they can fall off of the ride. I have seen a pic or two of a few Divers blown / toppled over with a strong wind. I guess those wind braces on the sides do all that they can & if it's a super strong wind, it's too bad / bad news for the ride. ✌