Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, April 19, 2014 6:55:07 PM

On my way back from Albany also stopped to see Reithoffer in Yonkers NY. It was a small lot with just 13 pieces being provided ( not a very big location/lot…).

Reithoffer had their NEW Dartron Zero Gravity there. Done up in show colors of Orange, Blue and Yellow with a LED light package on it. Pretty sharp looking… It appears they did indeed trade in the Cliff Hanger for the Zero Gravity.

Also noticed work done to several pieces that were there. The KMG Wild Claw (Fire Ball) now has LED’s on the A-frame, the boom and the cars. They added some nice paint/color scheme to the A-frame and the cars.
The Mini Himalaya has had a face lift which include LED lighting on the new face panels. Its now called the Snow Ball Express. Looked sharp!
Looks like the Super Himalaya has had some work done the it too. There was GREAT sound system blasting music…

The ride list: (may have missed one, but don’t think so.)

1. NEW Zero Gravity
2. Super Himalaya (GREAT LOOKING piece!)
3. KMG Wild Claw
4. Sky Flyer
5. Century Wheel
6. Pharoahs Fury
7. Wisdom Avalanche
8. Grand Carousel (4-abreat)
9. Wiggle Worm
10. Mini Himalaya
11. Flying Tigers
12. Fun Slide
13. Raiders

ridejocky
Sunday, April 20, 2014 9:39:18 AM
Play Yonkers with Strates at the racetrack, great spot.
Ride the Zipper?
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Sunday, April 20, 2014 10:27:34 AM

Didn't know Strates played at Yonkers Raceway? Must have been before Conklin. I do remember Conklin playing there. They brought in the BIG iron: Doppel Looping Coaster, Wild Cat Coaster, Mark I Coaster, Niagra Falls Flume, Drop of Fear drop tower, G-Force, Wild River Raft, Loop on Top, Rainbow, Enterprise, Tidal Wave (Pirate),Giant Wheel, Wave Swinger, Polar Express, Snow Ball Express, Holiday Bounce, etc. etc...
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Sunday, April 20, 2014 10:30:08 AM
Reithoffer was playing in a parking lot in the chicken Island area of Yonkers.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, April 20, 2014 12:05:10 PM
Yes, Conklin got Yonkers fair after Strates left. I know Conklin was there in 1988. Fair ended a few years later.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, April 21, 2014 12:37:55 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Didn't know Strates played at Yonkers Raceway? Must have been before Conklin. I do remember Conklin playing there. They brought in the BIG iron: Doppel Looping Coaster, Wild Cat Coaster, Mark I Coaster, Niagra Falls Flume, Drop of Fear drop tower, G-Force, Wild River Raft, Loop on Top, Rainbow, Enterprise, Tidal Wave (Pirate),Giant Wheel, Wave Swinger, Polar Express, Snow Ball Express, Holiday Bounce, etc. etc...

They also booked in a few rides from CVS IIRC

BeauceCarnavalMan
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, April 21, 2014 12:39:18 AM
Also this means that Reithoffer should be at the Staten Island mall in 2 weeks.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 21, 2014 8:16:33 PM
When i saw Conklin at Yonkers they had stuff from CVS, A of A, Zachini's and one or two more operators.
JustinJames
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:17:06 AM
That Super Himalaya is by far the nicest out there. Just ALWAYS looks and sounds awesome. Billy Carpenter takes pride in moving it.
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:42:28 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

When i saw Conklin at Yonkers they had stuff from CVS, A of A, Zachini's and one or two more operators.

Bill yes same is true every year I went to see Conkin there, which was from 1993 till the last year of the event. Always booked in pieces...

Zachini always had 1 or 2 large dark rides.

CVS had 1 of their 3 Himalaya type rides (2 Reverchon, 1 Mack) every year. Seemed to rotate them every year. I remember seeing 1 of there 2 Wave swingers there when for some reason Conklin didn't bring their. May of had 1 or 2 more pieces there too...

Don't remember seeing A of A, but my memory is not what is used to be...

Some years Deggeller used to bring in stuff too. Remember their Giant Wheel being there as well as they Wave Swinger (again when Conklin didn't bring theirs). They may of had 1 or 2 more pieces in there as well.

Truax had stuff there.

And Dolan used to have several pieces there as well.
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:44:28 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

That Super Himalaya is by far the nicest out there. Just ALWAYS looks and sounds awesome. Billy Carpenter takes pride in moving it.

Yes and his name is on the dog house door...
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:46:06 AM
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

Also this means that Reithoffer should be at the Staten Island mall in 2 weeks.

Yes believe the dates are May 1st to 11th this year, but not 100% on that...
swooper
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:30:37 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

As I remember it ,Strates created Yonkers fair.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:35:08 PM
In 88Conklin had the Zachini Cake Walk at Yonkers, a Bobs from A of A, I think a himalaya from CVS, a reverchon Explorer from ?? etc.
Tornado
  •  Tornado
  • 91.54% (Exalted)
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:12:07 PM
Originally Posted by: swooper 

As I remember it ,Strates created Yonkers fair.

ok didn't know that, thanks.