mgr man
  •  mgr man
  • 63.12% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, November 16, 2013 12:45:44 AM
Strates played the Exchange Club Fair of Southwest Georgia,in Albany. The ride lineup was Merry go Round, Sky Wheel, Expo Wheel, Yo Yo, Scooter, Sea Ray, Thunderbolt, Pirate, Abuction, Fireball, 4 Hamptons, Zipper, Tilt a Whirl, Haunted Mansion, Cliff Hanger, Paratrooper, Fun Slide, Go Gator, tractors, Cuckoo Haus, Bear Affair, Mardi Gras, Windjammer, Scrambler, Himalaya, Wacky Shack,Dragon Wagon, Helicopters, Up Up & Away, Worm, and a bounce. Fair admission was 5 dollars,with ride tickets at 1 dollar each,or a wristband for20 dollars. Big Rock Amusements had their rides there too. Some photos,photos  Strates was also playing the North Florida Fair in Tallahassee. The ride lineup there was Sky Flyer, Dutch Wheel, Mulligan Wheel, Ferris Wheel,Enterprise, Wacky Worm, Himalaya, Cliff Hanger, Musik Express, Zipper, Cobra, Ali Baba, Mini Himalaya, Hampton, Construction Zone, 4x4, Dinos, Cork Screw, Zip LIne, 2 Slides, Red Baron, Rok n Rol, 2 Starship 2000, Monkey Maze, Haunted House,2 Scooters, Marioland, Top Spin, Fireball, Fire Ball, Cub Scene, 2 Sea Rays, Fun House, Coaster, Happy Swing, Jaloy Junction, Mini Indy, Fire Chief, Hog Wild, Pony Carts, Tea Cups, Tilt a Whirl, Power Surge, Scrambler , and double decker mgr. Admission to the fair was 7 dollars,with a ride wristband at 20 dollars. Tip Top Rides had equipment there. Some photos,photos 
JustinJames
Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:57:33 AM
All but 10 were Big Rock's. Wish ya would have said hi.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:17:01 PM
One Sea Ray in FL was Wheelock's. Was the other one Bolings, or someone else's?
JustinJames
Sunday, November 17, 2013 1:43:49 AM
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, November 17, 2013 12:35:14 PM
Just who you work for again? Thought you was with powers lol
JustinJames
Sunday, November 17, 2013 4:50:02 PM
You really need that answer?
tiltcharles
Sunday, November 17, 2013 5:22:18 PM
Big rock looks like a nice show.
JustinJames
Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:38:12 PM
Big Rock started in 2010 with 14 rides of which our most intense rides were a Gravitron and Roll-O-Plane. At the end of our 4th season we are 30 rides and growing. Been a hell of a run. Thanks for the compliment TiltCharles.
crazyspin
Sunday, November 17, 2013 8:04:28 PM
So Justin, when are you guys starting your South Florida winter route?!? 😉 JK!!!!
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:55:48 PM
Originally Posted by: tiltcharles 

Big rock looks like a nice show.

very, very nice show that has grown leaps and bounds since their inception. Matt and crew have put their heart and soul into the show and will be one to watch in the upcoming years. if others would put as much back into their show as Big Rock has, all shows would be pristine. They have pride in the appearance of the show. Matt is a hands on owner and has listened to the best in the business.

JustinJames
Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:18:55 PM
Originally Posted by: crazyspin 

So Justin, when are you guys starting your South Florida winter route?!? 😉 JK!!!!

We have a few rides down there right now.
thunderbolt85
Monday, November 18, 2013 7:20:57 AM
Big Rock is a really nice show, looking forward to seeing that show one day and how he grows.

He cares about the new rides and having them, but also the old classics as well.
skydiver77
Monday, November 18, 2013 3:11:09 PM
I like the Extreme freak out copy they have, made by Funlight Rides is it? Anyway, the reason I like it better, it seems to give better air time, and the A-frame looks more solid if you ask me. The point to where the A-frame's outriggers are at the bottom, and if you look, they don't go too far in at the top. It's just a matter of time before a KMG Freak Out's A-frame's gonna snap one day, wait & see...that A-frame's too close together, where-as the Extreme's A-frame is just Right! So Big Rock, don't EVER get rid of the Extreme, ya hear? LOL [:o)]
carnivalkits
Monday, November 18, 2013 3:29:55 PM
Any information when Strates will return to winter quarters? I would love to document the train arrival back home.
SideWinder
Monday, November 18, 2013 3:51:32 PM
Originally Posted by: carnivalkits 

Any information when Strates will return to winter quarters? I would love to document the train arrival back home.

well last I checked they do have a "Route" posted on their web site which states the end of their season....