thunderbolt85
Monday, October 28, 2013 2:39:10 PM
Went out and visited Playworld at the Upper SC State Fair this past weekend.

Ride List:

Mulligan Wheel
Wisdom Himi
Freak Out
Loops
Zero Gravity
Cliff Hanger
Zipper
ReMix
Mulligan Swings
Turbo
Bumper Cars
Super Shot
Sizzler
Traffic Jam
Crystal Lily's

About 15 or so kiddies including big MGR and Wacky Worm.

One thing that was nice this year was the selection of side shows. We had animal oddity show (like a ten in one) but I am sorry I can't remember the name. They were from out west and had a really nice front end with banners. Nice folks as well.
Had the Giant Steer, Giant Horse, and a nice Wild West Show with live wolves. It was nice seeing some side shows back on the lot.

Some rides missing, not sure down in Texas or gone already (P. Fury, Tilt, Air Raid, Rave).

Talked to a few friends that have grab joints in there and as expected the attendance was way down due to the move in the dates. Friday night was pretty cold with wind, but you could also tell that the indy was not as booked and a lot of "old time vendors" were not there naturally.

Not so sure about this change of dates and if its going to kill the fair or if it will pick up next year.

Everything still looked sharp and in great shape. Lots of talk on the midway, seems just about all the games/food folks are selling out as well, except maybe a few.

Oh and we had a dark ride, fun house, and kiddie bumper boats booked in.

We will see what happens next year, I am hearing it supposed to be NAME coming in, be nice if they could come in before the State Fair in Columbia, I think the weather would be better and maybe get it closer back to the original dates.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 28, 2013 2:58:56 PM

P fury was sold couple years ago and remix was bought in its palce.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:45:09 AM
Thanks Britt, was wondering if that was the case.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:01:03 AM
So was this fair Playworlds "Swan Song"
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:23:55 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

So was this fair Playworlds "Swan Song"

Yep, guess so, was thinking the same thing. They are supposed to close Wednesday night or Thursday night which doesn't make much sense. If it is his last spot looks like he would have tried to get one last weekend in (which would be 3 this year). But maybe he has new owners coming to pick up equipment. Thought I might ride back out there Friday or Saturday and see if most of the stuff is there, or gone.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:21:13 PM
Too bad its one of the good shows closing and not some rag bag that should close.
geewizz66
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:56:41 PM
There was a game concessionaire on that show, had some real nice equipment. I bought the Water Race and it came with the truck - always nice. Clarence is playing a spot in Easley?? not too far away from Greenville and they close on the 31st of October. One of my drivers is flying in on Friday to drive it back to Arizona. We will get two weeks action with it before our season ends.

I was told that EVERYTHING in Greenville was 'top-noched' equipment.

We are going to modify that trailer to hold a second game, everyone thinks that I'm nuts but, on our route anyway - it will work like a champ..................hopefully 😉
Geewizz66
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:49:28 PM
Yep, not trying to be smart &@$ but like in first post it was sharp and clean. Every time I saw his show its been top notch but there again not trying to smart off just confirming.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:19:39 PM
Okay, I am late to the party. Why are they selling out? From the pictures I always saw of this show it looked great!
geewizz66
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:51:23 PM
Originally Posted by: Dan L. 

Okay, I am late to the party. Why are they selling out? From the pictures I always saw of this show it looked great!

Tired of the BS from what I've heard. Everything went for a good price - not like a fire-sale.

Geewizz66
geewizz66
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:53:32 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yep, not trying to be smart &@$ but like in first post it was sharp and clean. Every time I saw his show its been top notch but there again not trying to smart off just confirming.

I was told that EVERYTHING in Greenville looked "Top-Noched" didn't you say that you or whomever you worked for had equipment booked there???? If so then THAT equipment was included in the whole "TN" statement.

I don't stroke too well so don't get butt hurt! ;-)

Geewizz66
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:58:38 PM
Originally Posted by: geewizz66 

I was told that EVERYTHING in Greenville looked "Top-Noched" didn't you say that you or whomever you worked for had equipment booked there???? If so then THAT equipment was included in the whole "TN" statement.

every time I saw the show it was top notch, in michigan and here in the carolinas, from the front to the back and the game/concession operation ranked up there with the show. the rolling stock looked just as good. There was nothing bad looking on the show. I always heard the RCS was the show on the west coast for everyone to compare to but Playworld with the size show it was, ranks as high as anyone I have ever visited.

thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:29:34 AM

Ok, got you and yeah I just wanted to be sure I didn't come off like I was saying anybody's equipment didn't look good.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:49:39 AM
Originally Posted by: britt 

every time I saw the show it was top notch, in michigan and here in the carolinas, from the front to the back and the game/concession operation ranked up there with the show. the rolling stock looked just as good. There was nothing bad looking on the show. I always heard the RCS was the show on the west coast for everyone to compare to but Playworld with the size show it was, ranks as high as anyone I have ever visited.

Yep, all his tractors were lined up nicely and even saw a couple of guys cleaning the inside of the trucks.

Tell you a story I heard one time when Playworld had the NC MTN state fair. The inspectors were checking out the rides and they came to the Bumper Cars. Now you know how they check under the cars with mirrors, well not with Playworld. Those guys had all the cars sitting up on end, lined up, and they were standing there like at "attention" waiting for the inspectors. Needless to say the inspectors were impressed, just a story I heard one time about how he took care of his equipment.