80meterwheelman
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:56:23 AM
I'm, really, looking forward to the start of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight between the Chicago Blackhawks & the Boston Bruins, especially, because it's the first Original 6 matchup since the Montreal Canadians defeated the New York Rangers in 1979. With Boston winning the Cup in 2011 & Chicago in 2010, it could, easily, go the full route to Game 7. Chicago is the favorite and, I hope they win seeing they came from behind to knock out my Detroit Red Wings in the 2nd round. In fact, I'll wager 20 picks in my Daffy Quackers duck pond against 2 himi rides (REAL HIMIS ONLY - NO VEST POCKETS) lol.

Here's a trivia question for all you hockey fans: Why was the red line changed from solid to checkered? I'll post the answer in a few days. NHL rules apply. No Bings or Googles, please.
[happydanc
Doing nothing is tiresome because you can't stop to rest.
Sponsor
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:03:10 PM
Being from the Boston and one who played a lot of pick up hockey I too am glad to see Two of the originals play for the Cup. My days back when I was a kid watching and listening to hockey on the radio. Names like Milt Schmit, Sugar Jim Henry, Terry Sawchuck and Johnny Busick played. Players wore no helmets and goalies wore no cages or masks. Sticks were wood and no curve. In the old Cleveland Arena (AHL Cleveland Barons) they had chicken wire not Plexiglas to protect the fans.

Both teams earned their way to the finals, expectations are high for the Hawks, the Bruins are a surprise, beating a very highly rate Pitt team, who knows what the series will bring but I am going for Boston all because of a kid named Krug. He sure has impressed me. Reminds a lot of Bobby Orr. Excellent skater, great stick handler and shys away from the spot light.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
80meterwheelman
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:13:51 PM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

Being from the Boston and one who played a lot of pick up hockey I too am glad to see Two of the originals play for the Cup. My days back when I was a kid watching and listening to hockey on the radio. Names like Milt Schmit, Sugar Jim Henry, Terry Sawchuck and Johnny Busick played. Players wore no helmets and goalies wore no cages or masks. Sticks were wood and no curve. In the old Cleveland Arena (AHL Cleveland Barons) they had chicken wire not Plexiglas to protect the fans.

Both teams earned their way to the finals, expectations are high for the Hawks, the Bruins are a surprise, beating a very highly rate Pitt team, who knows what the series will bring but I am going for Boston all because of a kid named Krug. He sure has impressed me. Reminds a lot of Bobby Orr. Excellent skater, great stick handler and shys away from the spot light.

Ahh, the good old days of hockey. I have fond memories of my father taking me to Olympia Stadium to watch the Red Wings play. The great players like Ted Lindsay, Alex Delvecchio, Gordie Howe as well as Terry Sawchuck and Johnny Bucyk before they were traded to Boston. No names on the jerseys; just the numbers. No advertising on the boards or ice. Yeah, watching a game today at Joe Louis Arena is somewhat sterile compared to the days of the 'old barn'. As a player, I reached my level of incompetence at the Junior level and was pretty lucky to come out of it with only a few stiches and a broken nose lol.

So, you say Boston and I say Chicago. Waddaya say; my 20 ducks to your 2 himis? 😮
Doing nothing is tiresome because you can't stop to rest.