thunderbolt85
Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:49:41 PM
We were talking about music rides in another post, but wanted to maybe open some discussion here about Mack (or others)music rides.

Does anyone have any good tales of moving them and running them out there. Tales of working on Calypso, Music Express, Matterhorn, Sea Storm (for Reithoffer), Super Cat?

What was the worst part of set-up/tear down on these rides, or neat stories of "special things" you had to do, or lots.

The times I did help out on music rides (Flying Bobs, Swiss Bobs) I think I hated the platforms the most, jackstands no big deal, tubs so so, however I will say the track on the Swiss Bobs was a beast.

Any neat things that you saw while running music rides from the marks..... I got flashed a couple of times by a few good looking women, and then some not so good looking.
r1981474
Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:17:19 PM
Question, how long has Wade had the Hit in 2000 and was it Nova's beforehand? If so, how long did Nova have it?
JustinJames
Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:48:33 PM
First time I remember seeing it with Wade was inside the Siverdome around 1990. Yes it was with Nova prior.
massachusettsman
Friday, April 26, 2013 12:30:36 AM
On our mack discothek those platforms are pretty heavy and the sweeps are to but theyre not to bad.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:39:24 PM
Someone told me that all the lights had to be removed on Franks Hittin 2000 to load it in the trailers ... is that right?
Skywheelrider
Sunday, April 28, 2013 1:58:45 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

First time I remember seeing it with Wade was inside the Siverdome around 1990. Yes it was with Nova prior.

Wade bought it at the Nova auction in the autumn of 1990, it was on their midway starting in 1991. I saw it first at the Silverdome, and then later at the Livonia Spree, then personally did not see it again until the Michigan State Fair that year.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
r1981474
Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:36:20 AM
The Hit in 2000 is the best Mack Himalaya I have ever seen. The next best to it is was the Murphy Bros Jaguar Express.
CONKO316
Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:54:17 AM
I have on multiple occasions seen NAME/Conklins Polar Express referred to as a "death trap"

Knowing nothing about how it goes together, but seeing some pics of its set up, I'd believe it is related to the roof work, and getting that sign up. Looks intense. Anyone here work on that piece?
UserPostedImage

Justin
punkboysa18
Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:03:19 PM
Originally Posted by: r1981474 

The Hit in 2000 is the best Mack Himalaya I have ever seen. The next best to it is was the Murphy Bros Jaguar Express.

I guess you've never seen the Love Bugs. 😉
punkboysa18
Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:07:40 PM
If the Musik Express is anywhere near as brutal to put together as the Flight to Mars, then it's pretty much hell. Lol. I keep hearing everyone say the platforms were a pain, so that must be a universal Mack thing. Because the ones on thr F2M were a workout. I know the platforms on Bubba's Sleighride suck too.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:31:13 PM
Originally Posted by: punkboysa18 

I guess you've never seen the Love Bugs. ;)

Agreed! I saw it in person back in September and it was stunning

BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, April 29, 2013 9:52:18 PM
Originally Posted by: CONKO316 

I have on multiple occasions seen NAME/Conklins Polar Express referred to as a "death trap"

Knowing nothing about how it goes together, but seeing some pics of its set up, I'd believe it is related to the roof work, and getting that sign up. Looks intense. Anyone here work on that piece?

From what I seen it was a b it ch to lift up all the supports and brackets for the roof. Also the sign and the roof tarp all have to be lifted up rope.
BeauceCarnavalMan
punkboysa18
Monday, April 29, 2013 10:52:32 PM

Love Bugs

Love Bugs

Sleigh Ride