squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:26:30 AM
Hey Flamo --

http://www.wtffinance.co...t-off-the-gold-standard/ 

http://en.wikipedia.org/...rd_.281925.E2.80.9331.29  ) that there are flaws and problems with the gold standard and it's later forms (gold exchange) -- and there is a lot of reading about both sides of the problem whether being on it or not and the concept of government being able to float currency to stimulate economy --

Now I have to go back to the original post and see if I can learn anything else 🙂
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:53:04 PM
http://www.constitution.org/cm/sol-02.htm  It is called Spirit of Law.

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/histdox/fedpapers.html  Neither party is even close to the original intent. If they were to read Plato's Republic the would know there is no Utopia.

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Jackpotter
Thursday, September 6, 2012 3:07:08 PM
I, for one, have NOT had a pay raise at ALL in the last four years. I've had to take on extra work to just cover my bills and expenses and I've cut back on things all at the same time. I'm 47 years old and for one of the few times in my life I'm really struggling.

Thing is, realistically, neither one of these guys can change that. I don't mean to be all gloom and doom, but for all of us alive today and our kids, nothing is gonna get better. I think my concern now becomes what will it be like for my yet unconceived grandchildren and their kids?
Benjibear
Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:35:21 PM
I really admire Flamo for all the research he has done.

As for me, I haven't had any raise since 09, no significant raises since 05 (when I actually took on alot more responsibility and moved to another company), and actually took a pay cut last year. I guess at least I have a job but at the same time I have seen my overall living expenses greatly increase.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:43:12 PM
Originally Posted by: Benjibear 

I really admire Flamo for all the research he has done.

As for me, I haven't had any raise since 09, no significant raises since 05 (when I actually took on alot more responsibility and moved to another company), and actually took a pay cut last year. I guess at least I have a job but at the same time I have seen my overall living expenses greatly increase.

Both you and Jackpotter and the rest of us are really suffering because the US dollar isn't worth squat in the foreign markets. Flamo brought up one of the best points of the whole problem with the notes about runaway money printing and being off the gold standard. Until the US dollar recovers it's value (which will not happen anytime soon - if ever) none of this is going to get better.

flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:24:47 PM
Actually there is a way to make the dollar strong again and bring jobs here. Romney has referenced it but Obama is against it. We have more natural gas and oil than world can use in 100 years. We have nations like Japan that will buy natural gas from us. They are paying a very high price for it now. We have to go at it in 2 ways....Reduced govt spending (Good luck with that) and exporting gas and oil. They are finding natural gas all over now. Chesapeake now is building 4 plants to liquefy NG. Like propane it compresses quite well. Tankers will transport the LNG to most countries. We can easily be energy independent by 2020 if we drill and frack. There are 3 wells less than 2000 feet from my house. It is safe. Because we will control the market other nations will pay us not only for the raw product but also we make money on the refined or processed product. Unlike Japan and China we do not have to absorb the high cost of transportation making our energy costs cheaper. This should create a positive balance of trade instead of the hole we are now in. Our dollars will gain strength because we are exporting, selling not buying, and we have cut back our spending increasing our wealth and GDP. The it is up to us to get an amendment to the constitution the any printing of money must pass congress by a super majority.
Benjibear
Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:07:56 PM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

Actually there is a way to make the dollar strong again and bring jobs here. Romney has referenced it but Obama is against it. We have more natural gas and oil than world can use in 100 years. We have nations like Japan that will buy natural gas from us. They are paying a very high price for it now. We have to go at it in 2 ways....Reduced govt spending (Good luck with that) and exporting gas and oil. They are finding natural gas all over now. Chesapeake now is building 4 plants to liquefy NG. Like propane it compresses quite well. Tankers will transport the LNG to most countries. We can easily be energy independent by 2020 if we drill and frack. There are 3 wells less than 2000 feet from my house. It is safe. Because we will control the market other nations will pay us not only for the raw product but also we make money on the refined or processed product. Unlike Japan and China we do not have to absorb the high cost of transportation making our energy costs cheaper. This should create a positive balance of trade instead of the hole we are now in. Our dollars will gain strength because we are exporting, selling not buying, and we have cut back our spending increasing our wealth and GDP. The it is up to us to get an amendment to the constitution the any printing of money must pass congress by a super majority.

They have been doing a lot of gas drilling in the northern area of PA in the Marcellus Shale. I am not totally convinced it is safe. The one problem is I feel our governor has the gas drilling industry in his back pocket and I don't trust him. While I am not against it, I don't think this is our miracle solution.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:42:59 PM
Benji,
http://fossil.energy.gov...hale_Gas_Primer_2009.pdf 

I live on the Barnett shale. I have watched the whole procedure and as long as they follow procedure it is safe. There are 2 keys. The cementing of the well bore and the disposal of the brine used to frack. The layered formations between the shale and water table have to be of certain type. Depending on the target depth there is anywhere from 2 to 10 thousand feet between. I have full confidence in it and I have seen the job creation. Most well pads now have 3 to 8 well bores. The Univ of TX in Arlington has 16 wells on campus. The money they get is expanding that campus like you wouldn't believe. In full disclosure. they paid me over $9000 to sign a lease for my 1/4 acre. The first check for 3 years was 4500 and the option was another 4500. I will send in the release of mineral form this week and royalty checks will start. They have 3 wells on line so the group I am in get 25% of what the well produces. I don't expect big checks. Maybe 100 every other month. Should last about 10 years. The fluid used is less than 1/2 of 1% of what could be considered toxic. Most of it is water and sand. If you get the chance visit a well site. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

ftp://ftp.eia.doe.gov/natgas/usshaleplays.pdf 
ringmaster
Friday, October 12, 2012 9:34:42 AM
"Make no mistake about it -- and tell it to your Republican friends: capitalism
and altruism cannot coexist in the same man or in the same society. Tell it to
anyone who attempts to justify capitalism on the ground of the "public good" or
the "general welfare" or "service to society" or the benefit it brings to the
poor. All these things are true, but they are the by-products, the secondary
consequences of capitalism -- not its goal, purpose or moral justification.
The moral justification of capitalism is man's right to exist for his own sake,
neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself; it is
the recognition that man -- every man -- is an end in himself, not a means to
the ends of others, not a sacrificial animal serving anyone's need."
-- Ayn Rand
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:40:11 PM
Just announce on the radio, don't look for it on national news. The total federal and state dollars just topped a TRILLION dollars. That is a 30% increase since Obama took office. That is not sustainable. We need work not welfare. Compare the jobs plan of Obama and Romney. See which one will drive us deeper in debt and which one will created the needed jobs.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, October 19, 2012 7:35:29 PM
Time to get new charts, it is now proven you can't trust Obama's charts

http://dailycaller.com/2...as-obama-campaign-donor/ 
Marty Morgenstern, the secretary of the California agency that substantially
under-reported unemployment claims last week, contributed to President Barack
Obama

If we can't trust people to report numbers accurately then it is time we had a new set of laws. Distortion of factual data should be jail time with heavy fine. Just where is the media on this. BHO is telling everybody unemployment is at 7.8%. WRONG.. it is still 8.1 and should be revised. What happened to the democratic party? All they can do is lie. This is a new low.

Bowler Roller
Sunday, October 21, 2012 12:43:40 PM
The unemployment rate is misleading in the first place. It only counts people collecting unemployment. So nobody who's been out of a job for over 26 weeks, neither are those who decided not to collect, nor the ones who are ineligible to collect.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Erik9976
Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:07:29 PM
I don't understand why some of you rely on Wikipedia for your information. The information on there isn't always correct or accurate.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:36:24 AM
I use govt sites for data or several sites that have expertise in that area. My biggest problem is the dishonest media. They will not live up to their responsibility as our watch dog. Where is the headline, "Obama lied" about Libya? We all know he did, nothing from the media. Security leaks, nothing, Lockheed Martin by federal law has to notify the govt they are laying off 123,00 and the President told them to violate federal and not report it until after the election. The media thinks we are stupid and are helpless. It will take coordination but there is a cure. The best way is to cut off the ad dollars and that we can do. Let several hundred people walk in to a business and tell the manager you can't do business with them as long as the support a targeted out let. If enough people do that watch how fast the ad dollars dry up. Then either they change or go under
Trucker090
Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:34:45 AM
If you want to know when nobamma is lying its when ever his mouth moves....Nobamma and the unions ruined this country in 3 short years.. We will be lucky to have a free country after the next 3.. God help our kids and grandkids and those after them.

<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com