squirrel
Sunday, December 19, 2010 1:28:10 AM
It's been a long day with the migration so for now, I'm sticking a fork in the babysitting and fixing --

If anyone has any problems, please post them here and I will start back again in the morning -

Thanks for all members patience tonight during the upgrade and I/the rest of the MCW staff hope you enjoy the new forums and features --

[peelout]
The Dude
Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:33:17 AM
Where is quick reply?

Most stuff has this and its very good

And how do you change your date format so it reads the date of the reply your looking at? (Instead of 2 days ago,etc) and the excessive use of scripts SLOWS IT DOWN LIKE CRAZY ON MY END!! (I cant post,etc w/o them) The site flies if i disable them..

Seems this isnt nearly as good as what was here before UserPostedImage

EDIT:

Without scripts the time/date show up properly but you cant post...

You guys could have done MUCH BETTER with either MyBB  (FREE) or IPB !!
squirrel
Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:02:40 PM
Originally Posted by: The Dude 

Where is quick reply?

Most stuff has this and its very good

And how do you change your date format so it reads the date of the reply your looking at? (Instead of 2 days ago,etc) and the excessive use of scripts SLOWS IT DOWN LIKE CRAZY ON MY END!! (I cant post,etc w/o them) The site flies if i disable them..

Seems this isnt nearly as good as what was here before UserPostedImage

EDIT:

Without scripts the time/date show up properly but you cant post...

You guys could have done MUCH BETTER with either MyBB  (FREE) or IPB !!

Wow - really? Both are *nix style boards, both have just as much in scripting as this forum does... None of the other users are complaining of script issues. We are also in the process of ironing out bugs and working with the developers directly to improve the software and it's features...

Also, neither of those applications supported the importing of our 180,000+ posts and 2000+ members... And IPB is NOT free by a long shot...
The Dude
Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:02:47 PM
Im sorry squirrel i dont wish you make you mad,im just saying im having some issues with the site....

I have no isses with MyBB or IPB (And they both work w/o scripts quite well (faster loading))

I know IPB isnt free,i was just letting you know about IPB

You can see how good IPB is here > www.defendingthetruth.com 

The admin was gonna go VB4 but thank goodness i talked him out of it! (VB4 IS COMPLETE GARBAGE)

Merry christmas my friend UserPostedImage
squirrel
Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:56:16 AM
Originally Posted by: The Dude 

Im sorry squirrel i dont wish you make you mad,im just saying im having some issues with the site....

I have no isses with MyBB or IPB (And they both work w/o scripts quite well (faster loading))

I know IPB isnt free,i was just letting you know about IPB

You can see how good IPB is here > www.defendingthetruth.com 

The admin was gonna go VB4 but thank goodness i talked him out of it! (VB4 IS COMPLETE GARBAGE)

Merry christmas my friend UserPostedImage

You didn't make me mad... It's just that every time this topic comes up of upgrades, you want us to run a php based solution which never has supported our import needs, as well as software that we can't justify purchasing. We run free forums for our members, and as such don't use commercial products to do so. I know what IPB is -- I've ran it before. It's a decent system, but costs an arm and a leg. vBulletin is also good software - very stable - but neither support importing from our old system and both are expensive.

As for speed, this site loads very fast. If you're having speed issues, you may need to check your system out. So far you're the only member who has complained of the speed. We take all comments very seriously - even though it's a free forum, we do care about the members and how they feel. The only part of the site that is slow is when the page loads and the time is adjusted to how long ago a post was posted. This is JS based and mainly to simplify things for the visitor because the software is based on UTC/GMT time - which means that unless you set your timezone in your profile, you will be shown times for posts that are 5-8 hours in the future, instead of being in the past (and even that feature only takes a second or two to update).

Currently, we're working hand in hand with the developers of this software to make the enhancements we need, as well as clear up any bugs we are experiencing. This is the first application we've tested (out of many) where we have gotten this kind of support, and that is something you can't beat. They have released three patches just to support the issues we were having while other developers would leave you out in the cold.