dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, August 23, 2009 4:14:33 AM
Yesterday we were headed east on Highway 29 between 2 and 2:30 in the afternoon. At the truck stop in Edgar, WI we passed a racked carnival ride parked by the fuel pumps. Looked like the tractor was getting fuel.

From the road it looked like a load with a dog house, but I could be wrong. I wanted to turn around and get a closer look, but by the time I got to the next exit and went back I knew the ride would likely have been gone.

Anyone know what ride that was? I am just curious as the shows around here rarely travel on Saturday and it looked like a sharp piece. Thanks.
Mark H
Brady
Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:58:26 AM
could have been something from playworld or mcdonagh from michigan. On Friday morning around 9 am i was in turtle lake wisconsin and saw playworlds cliffhanger going west, probably to the minnesota state fair
Skywheelrider
Sunday, August 23, 2009 9:08:05 AM
Nothing from us, all of our equipment that is going is still up and operating today here in Armada, Michigan, and will not head to Minnesota until after teardown tonight.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
JustinJames
Monday, August 24, 2009 6:21:07 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Nothing from us, all of our equipment that is going is still up and operating today here in Armada, Michigan, and will not head to Minnesota until after teardown tonight.

And damn what a sweet teardown the rides had!!! Big ben was down before daylight. Skywheel in 3 hours. Bobs in 3 and a half!!! They should be pulling in tonight sometime if they haven't already.
Matt C.
Monday, August 24, 2009 8:56:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Quote:

quote:

And damn what a sweet teardown the rides had!!! Big ben was down before daylight. Skywheel in 3 hours. Bobs in 3 and a half!!! They should be pulling in tonight sometime if they haven't already.

Did they end up cutting through Chicago en route to MN?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Skywheelrider
Monday, August 24, 2009 11:18:11 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Did they end up cutting through Chicago en route to MN?

No, through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan then over.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:31:44 AM
Gotta love Minnesota Fair time, Ive seen so much stuff come by me over the years. Last year I passed Jane's center load of the Space Roller on 90 near edgerton wi, and two days ago I passed a fleet of Netterfields going through Chicago on their way up!
Flying Coaster
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:46:36 AM
Skywheel down in 3 hrs? Really?
All Skywheels should be yeller.
babyhughie
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:08:13 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Flying Coaster

Yes big dave moves it very well![;)]
JustinJames
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:08:39 PM
Quote:

quote:

Yes really, that's been close to average all year now. 3-4 hours teardown weekly. Heck, it almost beat me down with the Fury once or twice... close but I won by a nose!!! LOL
Flying Coaster
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:07:39 AM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Yes really, that's been close to average all year now. 3-4 hours teardown weekly. Heck, it almost beat me down with the Fury once or twice... close but I won by a nose!!! LOL

How many people on it?
JustinJames
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:15:27 AM
Sunday night they had 4 people... Matt McD, Lou and I helped with the unspoking but other than that it was 4 guys the rest of it.
Geneo55
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:24:23 AM
I spotted two loads of donikers this morning but they were headed east towards DC.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:50:08 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by dccradio

Yesterday we were headed east on Highway 29 between 2 and 2:30 in the afternoon. At the truck stop in Edgar, WI we passed a racked carnival ride parked by the fuel pumps. Looked like the tractor was getting fuel.

What gave it away? The Nozzle in the Fuel Tank???? lol
Flying Coaster
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:06:42 AM
Quote:

quote:

Sunday night they had 4 people... Matt McD, Lou and I helped with the unspoking but other than that it was 4 guys the rest of it.

Wow, if my knees were still worth a crap I'd come up there & help slough it once for nothing just to see it happen. It's been 19 years but I think 4.5 hours, hitched up & off the lot was about the best I was ever part of.