with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:16:37 PM
Is there any Horror ( Darkride style ) themed Music rides out there????

How about taking a Bobs or Himi and putting that theme to it? Let's face it the Snow theme is played out...

Tubs with different color flames on them would look cool...How about use of Black Lights?

Ideas for names woudl be like:
Devils Joyride ( like the Dark ride)
Infero
El Superbeasto
Diablo
JustinJames
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 5:29:05 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Is there any Horror ( Darkride style ) themed Music rides out there????

How about taking a Bobs or Himi and putting that theme to it? Let's face it the Snow theme is played out...

Tubs with different color flames on them would look cool...How about use of Black Lights?

Ideas for names woudl be like:
Devils Joyride ( like the Dark ride)
Infero
El Superbeasto
Diablo

Saw a Bobs overseas that was themed SCREAMER... Very cool looking with horror scenery.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:25:58 PM
I have seen quite a few photos of open-top Bob's/Himalaya rides over in Europe (Great Britain, mostly) with horror-themes. Midnight Madness, Thriller, Screamer, Terror Train (or something to that effect), Hellraiser, Freddy's Revenge, etc. For the most part they looked good.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
DarkRideArtist
Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:53:37 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!![:p]I'm already working on one. I'm tired of the snowflakes too as I always try to mix up new Ideas in the business. I have a retro styled Alice in Wonderland gig I've started for a funhouse this spring and a dark ride themed The House on Haunted Hill(based on both original and remake).I can take a tame subject and darken the hell out of it. J&J's new Bobs has Blacklights all around it with lots of flourescent paint up on the major space around the front sceneries.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, November 27, 2008 11:46:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Darkrider

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!![:p]I'm already working on one. I'm tired of the snowflakes too as I always try to mix up new Ideas in the business. I have a retro styled Alice in Wonderland gig I've started for a funhouse this spring and a dark ride themed The House on Haunted Hill(based on both original and remake).I can take a tame subject and darken the hell out of it. J&J's new Bobs has Blacklights all around it with lots of flourescent paint up on the major space around the front sceneries.

so you did the blacklights on the bobs. good to hear that. what about the LED's?
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:17:29 PM
Well ya have the Thunder Bolt. I think Bluegrass has changed their artwork a few times with monsters and machines.
DarkRideArtist
Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:41:57 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Britt and everyone!!I'll get him to install the Led'swhen I get back down there next month. You know these show people, they'll get to it when they're tired of gettin' b****ed at by the guy they hired to do the damned job the right way.[;)]
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, November 28, 2008 6:20:31 AM
up in new england, fiesta shows did over there thunder bolt for a halloween theme park they used to do after the season, they totally enclosed the ride kept it dark and only added black light and strobes inside..
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
2ndgencarnie
Friday, November 28, 2008 3:57:24 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crny1234

up in new england, fiesta shows did over there thunder bolt for a halloween theme park they used to do after the season, they totally enclosed the ride kept it dark and only added black light and strobes inside..

That sounds pretty wild...
mommasbeverage barn
Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:49:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crny1234

ya didnt they use that for spooky world cause i know they put that up while were in topsfield cause it overlaspes...but ya does anyone have any pictures of any of these rethemed rides i would love to see theme as up here in maine we dont see to many thing that creative except on fiesta.
Slow you down...Turn you around...Send you back the other direction!!!