with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, October 9, 2008 6:14:17 AM
Ask the folks in Britain and Canada how their Socialized Healthcare is working for them....
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, October 9, 2008 10:02:49 AM
at one time our state employees health insurance was great, now it is down to they have a select list of doctors and pharmacies that you can go to. generic medicine prescriptions. family cost gone up and coverage gone down. a lot of it has to do with their malpractice insurance which has been driven up by all the sue happy LAWYERS. what we need is to do away with half of the lawyers in the country and a lot of ALL insurance will go down. jmo however.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, October 9, 2008 12:01:16 PM
Terms of a plan are just words. In the end the lobbyists always get what they want. The politicians always screw the man.

Right now gas is low, see how high it jumps on Nov 5th.
UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Friday, October 10, 2008 5:35:18 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Ask the folks in Britain and Canada how their Socialized Healthcare is working for them....

Exactly what I ask folks to do that say they want universal, er, socialized, health care here in the US. If it is so good in Canada, why do so many Canadian citizens come to the US and pay for their treatment? I asked that question, too, and one response I got was "shorter waiting time, no one in the government to say no to treatment." Oh really....so if we have that system here, some government beaurocrat who knows nothing about health care is going to make the decision of when and where I get treatment? Or if I can even get treatment? All the while using my tax dollars to make that decision? I don't think so....
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Benjibear
Friday, October 10, 2008 6:22:05 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

Exactly what I ask folks to do that say they want universal, er, socialized, health care here in the US. If it is so good in Canada, why do so many Canadian citizens come to the US and pay for their treatment? I asked that question, too, and one response I got was "shorter waiting time, no one in the government to say no to treatment." Oh really....so if we have that system here, some government beaurocrat who knows nothing about health care is going to make the decision of when and where I get treatment? Or if I can even get treatment? All the while using my tax dollars to make that decision? I don't think so....

Oh yeah our system is so much better now. Now we have some insurance beurocrat that is just looking at the bottom line of the insurance company making a proffit is going to make the decision of when and where I get treatment. Or, if your rich enough you could go and get treatment yourself if you can afford it. All the while using my premiums to pay their huge salary, bonuses, severance packages, fringe benifits, etc. Sounds so much better then universal, I am mean socialized health care. I think not! Sounds exactly the same to me.

Something needs to be done with health care and nobody has a real good plan for it because both parties are getting too much money from the insurance companies, pharmacutical companies, hospitals, etc.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Bowler Roller
Friday, October 10, 2008 6:31:03 PM
If the proposed syatem sounds exactly the same as the current system, why do you want the proposed system so badly?

I'm nowhere near rich, and I don't need insuarance, or tax payers, to pay my doctor bills.

If we adopt a universal health care policy, where will those poor Canuks go for quality care?

The goal of these health care plans is to make the people too dependent on their government to ever think of overthrowing it. The same goes for all entitlements.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Benjibear
Saturday, October 11, 2008 2:49:39 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

If the proposed syatem sounds exactly the same as the current system, why do you want the proposed system so badly?

I'm nowhere near rich, and I don't need insuarance, or tax payers, to pay my doctor bills.

If we adopt a universal health care policy, where will those poor Canuks go for quality care?

The goal of these health care plans is to make the people too dependent on their government to ever think of overthrowing it. The same goes for all entitlements.

We need a system of some kind. A syetem that people take care of themselves but also one that the government watches over the system so it is affordable to everyone and everyone has an opurtunity for health coverage. Our system today does not do that and right now lets the corporate greed run our health and our lives.

The thing I don't understand about many of the comments I see and hear from people think there is only two solutions, stay where we are now or socialize medicine. There is alot of gray area between those two but I guess that is the inability for people to think for themselves. People think black or white, Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, etc. There is alot of middle ground between those two extremes but people don't want to or are incapable of thinking between these two extremes.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Geneo55
  •  Geneo55
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Saturday, October 11, 2008 8:18:23 AM
Good Lord gentlemen, all I wanted to know is how much. Whats the friggen cost on his program.

I have lots of questions. I would like to know how many "non-combat" troops will be left in Iraq to protect the American diplomats, citizens and conduct targeted counter terrorism missions. (Obamas words, not mine) How many?

I don't give a rats azz about Sarah Palins last baby. Where the hell do I go to get some straight answers around here? It sure isn't from those National Enquirer reporter rejects on CNN.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, October 11, 2008 9:28:53 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Quote:

quote:

Oh yeah our system is so much better now. Now we have some insurance beurocrat that is just looking at the bottom line of the insurance company making a proffit is going to make the decision of when and where I get treatment. Or, if your rich enough you could go and get treatment yourself if you can afford it. All the while using my premiums to pay their huge salary, bonuses, severance packages, fringe benifits, etc. Sounds so much better then universal, I am mean socialized health care. I think not! Sounds exactly the same to me.

Something needs to be done with health care and nobody has a real good plan for it because both parties are getting too much money from the insurance companies, pharmacutical companies, hospitals, etc.

You can always find another Insurance Company....Not the case when the Feds run the system....

If you want Fed. Healthcare just take a look at how well the VA does. That will change your mind....
Bowler Roller
Saturday, October 11, 2008 10:53:58 AM
Quote:

quote:

You can always find another Insurance Company....Not the case when the Feds run the system....

If you want Fed. Healthcare just take a look at how well the VA does. That will change your mind....

Extremely good point.

Once the government is required to cover everybody, they'll use Congress to pass laws keeping costs down. If you think they're nazi about things like smoking, drinking, other drugs, trans fats, seat belts...etc, just wait until the insurance industry doesn't need to spend billions of dollars, over decades, to pass these oppressive laws. They'll be no more middleman, and people will freely give up these liberties, because it will lower taxes.

Taxes, and other required payments, like insurance, are reasons the poor and the middle class have a hard to moving up the ladder, to become rich.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, October 11, 2008 12:00:23 PM
In the poll I gave a way to get health costs down that won't cost anything. Check it out
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
The Dude
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 9:49:05 PM
Benjibear wrote:

Neither candidate has a real solution for health care.

They came up with a good solution though didnt they? -- FORCE PEOPLE ALL UNDER ONE ROOF!!

Thats what this health plan is about: CONTROL..... Its not meant to help anyone!! (Many ppl have been severely affected by this crap)