Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:05:47 AM
What about that rap on the music rides? Is anything more annoying? More evidence that carnivals as we know them are decaying. Where is this all going?
Sixcats have nine lives
Trucker090
Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:13:06 AM
Well said Sixcat! almost as bad as the cars with the big speakers in them.
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Discjo
Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:14:39 AM
Music rides should play music.

If i wanted to hear someone talk crap - i would stay home with the old lady.

back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:14:58 AM
to H in a hand basket ![:D] and we thought "Disco" was more annoying back then , but this junk they play now.... it's just a button pusher to hayrube on the midway.
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:27:40 AM
Bring back the days of The boys are back in town -Thin Lizzy or Aerosmith back in the saddle of again or some Boston. Rap is Crap!
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:31:51 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

What about that rap on the music rides? Is anything more annoying? More evidence that carnivals as we know them are decaying. Where is this all going?

I hope you are using that term very loosley. I'd rather hear a gas engine with a bad muffler doing it's thing as opposed to that noise.

What they lack in TALENT they over compensate with volume.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
SideWinder
Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:56:48 AM
There is no talent in Rap, IDIOTS can't even come up with their own lyrics and beat, they have to steal it from rock-n-roll bands. Further more why these bands give them the OK to do so is pathetic. Why do they allow their music to be ruined with rap crap. Guess whem your hurting for money you will allow anything....
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:57:20 AM
Since when have parents ever liked the music of their children? I tell me kids to shut off certain pieces all day long.

I recall how my parents hated music of our era.

Disco/dance all the way. No rap for me, but look at the ages of all who responded here for the most part.......[:D][:D][:D]
UserPostedImage
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:11:49 AM
Well said Pinetar...

I personally feel the show / ride should play what's current... who you trying to please the jocks or the kid with 50.00 bucks in his pocket?
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:13:33 AM
Well it is true that you need music to draw a crowd. But as for what type, you dont have to have rap, I watched a friend of mine run full loads on their himalaya using Polka, it has nothing to do with what music, it has to do with operation. And as for rap, sure it is popular, but I have noticed it causes more problems than it solves. And as for most spots. if they are POP it doesnt matter, no need to play that kind of music since your not going to make any more money anyway. As for my own equipment, I will not allow rap to be played on my rides. I dont like it and it doesnt bring in a bigger crowd. I watch parents walk away from it. What you need to play is music for everyone, not just for those teenagers.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:16:18 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Well said Pinetar...

I personally feel the show / ride should play what's current... who you trying to please the jocks or the kid with 50.00 bucks in his pocket?

I want to please the parent who gave the kid the $50 and is sitting next to him waiting for them to get off the ride.

Jimmy
James Dillman III
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:35:06 AM
here here! The year that strates got there wheel the super played big band music the guys all wore them old gangster hat's and they turned a crowd, better then the himalaya did in the op corner then they were.... It'a ll about turnin the tip,some day these youngins will get that.[;)]
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JimmyD

Well it is true that you need music to draw a crowd. But as for what type, you dont have to have rap, I watched a friend of mine run full loads on their himalaya using Polka, it has nothing to do with what music, it has to do with operation. And as for rap, sure it is popular, but I have noticed it causes more problems than it solves. And as for most spots. if they are POP it doesnt matter, no need to play that kind of music since your not going to make any more money anyway. As for my own equipment, I will not allow rap to be played on my rides. I dont like it and it doesnt bring in a bigger crowd. I watch parents walk away from it. What you need to play is music for everyone, not just for those teenagers.

Jimmy D

it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:55:17 PM
I personally like the MGR that played Gangster Rap at the Ohio State Fair a few years ago....
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:58:10 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

I personally like the MGR that played Gangster Rap at the Ohio State Fair a few years ago....

That happened last year too, that was very embarrassing for those of us who were there. There were several other rides that were playing the wrong music as well, but the ride super there doesnt care enough to correct the problems.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
JustinJames
Sunday, March 11, 2007 1:15:49 PM
Pinetar always had a good explaination of what music should be on a music peice.

I've played rap but not the gansta crap. More of the Ciara, Fergie and Akon type. More danceable of the hip hop genre.

Personally though my himi crew played mostly rock and pop. XM 30, 22, 81BPM were commonly played when cd's weren't being played in the daytimes.