Flying Coaster
Saturday, April 30, 2005 8:33:08 AM
Are there no more flying coasters alive in the U.S. other than the Kangaroo at Kennywood? It was the first ride I ever rode, in a grocery store lot in Champaign, IL in the '60's. The show was Alfred/Dennis Wall shows. Does anyone know of that show, do they exist anymore, & where were they from? I wish I could find a picture of that ride, although I'm sure I never will. Any info appreciated! Thanks.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, April 30, 2005 10:15:57 AM
heres some info on the ride.
http://www.personal.psu....lty/v/a/vac3/flying.html 
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
carnahan
Saturday, April 30, 2005 10:39:37 AM
the picture of hila maynes and his prototype cat.made my day thank you![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
man is the only animal that can blush , or has the need to !
Bossman
Saturday, April 30, 2005 11:41:19 AM
The last year that Larry Carr played the Greensboro, NC fair..he had his set up on the midway..It was most likely the early 1990's..All I can say about Carr's Flying Coaster is, it was operating..
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Flying Coaster
Saturday, April 30, 2005 10:26:46 PM
I've seen Majestic's catch'n air, I'm glad someone's carrying on the tradition of a great ride, it looks like it's well engineered & well built, but just not the same without the jump ramp & hydraulic descenders & air time.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 1, 2005 5:59:17 AM
I spent a few weeks booked in with Alfred and Dennis in the late 60's, early 70's. Two of the finest people I have every met and had great small show with good help. Alfred used to move his #12 Eli himself. I did get to rope it a time or two for him. Shows like that are what made this industry. Sunday school outfits!!!!
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Flying Coaster
Sunday, May 1, 2005 6:39:44 AM
Is Alfred and /or Dennis still living? I see there's a phone listing still for Alfred in Watseka, just curious. Also, thank you everyone for the links & info, greatly appreciated.