plbrown
  •  plbrown
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Monday, April 25, 2005 2:10:56 PM
Which rides are hard to set up and tear down and takes the longest?
Paula

[}:)]UserPostedImage[:D]
Paula
UserPostedImage
Boils The Clown
Monday, April 25, 2005 2:16:14 PM
I would think it would have be "Conklin's Rollercoaster" !!
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
bigdaves
Monday, April 25, 2005 3:52:51 PM
I can only reflect on my past, before ever perfecting the shortcuts and safety measures the SKYWHEEL, ( ALLEN HERSCHEL ), had to be the ultimate hardest. There is nothing that is light weight on this ride. We purchased a ground mounted Himalaya made by Zanzini Italian Coasters from a pier in Seaside Heights, NJ in 1975. This was the ultimate of phrase brutal, everything from light panels to flashing corner pieces were over 60lbs. You wouldn't imagine about bringing up the towers and the track, sweeps, etc. Don't know what my father was thinking, however, after damn near killing us all it made money. Easiest ride I ever was able to set up was the following, Hurbertz Hurricane, Majestic, Carpet Ride, Hampton Umbrella rides. Sorry for old school, but you asked.[:)]
DL
bigdaves
Monday, April 25, 2005 4:00:08 PM
Sorry Boils, didnt want to shower or cloud your reply, however if we had to move this 14 truck ride every week, then the double looper would most likely make the #1 hardest ride to setup. However, because it takes two weeks to setup they only move this piece, ( hearsay only) 4 times per year. Just to lay this ride out using a full crew of 6 persons to use a transom for leveling purposes only takes a week. Then come the huge cranes to bring the track trailers in which is 8 trailers. Is this the craziest thing or what????
DL
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 25, 2005 4:00:19 PM
They are all hard if you have no help or they are just iggies and they are all easy when you have a good crew. Next question.
UserPostedImage
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 25, 2005 4:14:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

They are all hard if you have no help or they are just iggies and they are all easy when you have a good crew. Next question.

Truer words have never been spoken...lol
Boils The Clown
Monday, April 25, 2005 7:20:17 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigdaves

Sorry Boils, didnt want to shower or cloud your reply, however if we had to move this 14 truck ride every week, then the double looper would most likely make the #1 hardest ride to setup. However, because it takes two weeks to setup they only move this piece, ( hearsay only) 4 times per year. Just to lay this ride out using a full crew of 6 persons to use a transom for leveling purposes only takes a week. Then come the huge cranes to bring the track trailers in which is 8 trailers. Is this the craziest thing or what????

No problem ! I was gonna say that it took 2 weeks to set up & 14 trailers big , but I wasn't sure if it was a rumor or a fact.I have heard about those numbers through the grape vine but ,Thanx for confirming it.
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
BSA Mike
Monday, April 25, 2005 7:26:45 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Truer words have never been spoken...lol

i agree with both of the above statements...
Matt C.
Monday, April 25, 2005 7:32:37 PM
Quote:

quote:

Last night it took a crew of 8 guys 2 hours to tear down a mini enterprise- granted, they had little or no experience [;)] lol

But- in a way, Pinetar is right. If you have a crew with no experience and a bunch of lazy workes, they can make any ride hard.

With no doubt are some rides much more difficult then other rides, but to an experienced crew, even a 'hard' ride can be easy for them. One might say that the Wave Swinger is a tough ride to move; but on the other hand, if you talk to the crew who is experienced- they will tell you that it isnt hard, just repetitive with a lot of pieces.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
BSA Mike
Monday, April 25, 2005 7:43:30 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Quote:

quote:

Last night it took a crew of 8 guys 2 hours to tear down a mini enterprise- granted, they had little or no experience [;)] lol

was it you, ryan and 6 friends?
Matt C.
Monday, April 25, 2005 7:47:14 PM
Ryan didnt make it.

No, i worked with 1 other guy and my girlfriend and we beat the enterprise with the raiders and the balloon race- lol.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
orphaned
Monday, April 25, 2005 8:35:41 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Ryan didnt make it.

No, i worked with 1 other guy and my girlfriend and we beat the enterprise with the raiders and the balloon race- lol.

[:0][:D][:p]
bdabrush
Monday, April 25, 2005 11:05:48 PM
I agree with some of the fore mentioned statements, I.E. Experienced crew or Green help, I've set up many rides in my time and sloughed them as well. A 1968 G.M. Tilt will tell the skill & speed of a Good crew, not a light piece to the thing! Give me three guys who know it and it will go up in three to four hours ready to gross! Me & one other that knows it plus four or five green, four to six hours and I'm beat!
bdabrush

"Same road that brought you here, will take you home!"

"When life gives you a flat rabbit fur covered snake, Play again, You can Trade up!!"
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 4:06:27 AM
its not the rides, its the crew.

I have seen giant wheels come down in 5 hours on shows. I have seen a show tear it down for 36 hours (will not mention names!!)

Its not what you have, its who you have!!
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
babyhughie
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 6:27:54 AM
Michael woods SLEIGH RIDE.Man what a beast that is!