Carnevil
  •  Carnevil
  • 50.86% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, April 7, 2005 8:51:40 AM
Who bought the one that was at Gibtown a few years ago? And has anyone rode the ride and how does it compare to the competition.
http://www.technicalpark.com/Major/Streetfighter.htm 
Its not impossible it just costs more.
Matt C.
Thursday, April 7, 2005 8:58:13 AM
Jolly Shows owns the one that was bought at Gibtown. I know there are a few operating over seas (Austraila I think).
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
orphaned
Thursday, April 7, 2005 9:05:31 AM
We rode it down at Gibtown trade show last year. It was a pretty good ride...and I really like the way it looks appearance wise...but quite honestly I think the KMG Freak Out gives a better ride.
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, April 7, 2005 9:47:18 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Carnevil

Who bought the one that was at Gibtown a few years ago? And has anyone rode the ride and how does it compare to the competition.
http://www.technicalpark.com/Major/Streetfighter.htm 

I HEARD THAT THE RIDE HAS PROBLEMS WALKING OFF THE BLOCKS.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
marchax
Thursday, April 7, 2005 9:53:49 AM
been on both rides and the k.m.g. freak out is the best
out of the 16 seater rides
do technical park make a 24 seat version as been on
the k.m.g. afterbuner and it is a top ride[;)]
that sort of ride has sarted 2 be very poplur over here in
the uk[:D]

HANDS IN THE AIR!!!!!!!!
"HACKS"
FELIXSTOWE`S NUMBER "1"
ENTHUSIAST
UPDATED 29/5/06
Carnevil
  •  Carnevil
  • 50.86% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, April 7, 2005 11:31:01 AM
I like the Freak Out, but im not a big fan of the flexing it does at the top.
JohnB
  •  JohnB
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Thursday, April 7, 2005 1:07:01 PM
I saw the one Gibsonton you mention and it is beautiful. If you are interested in one of those rides, from what I hear CVS is selling their KMG Fireball.
Carnevil
  •  Carnevil
  • 50.86% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, April 7, 2005 1:08:54 PM
Thats what i hear
cny_chris
Thursday, April 7, 2005 1:32:01 PM
[}:)][;)]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
crazyspin
Thursday, April 7, 2005 2:31:18 PM
thats Ashame. CVS always keep it in tip top shape.
Skywheelrider
Thursday, April 7, 2005 2:32:52 PM
Too funny. And JohnB is probably clueless as to why? lol
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
crazyspin
Thursday, April 7, 2005 2:34:28 PM
How is this ride set-up wise? It looks much more structurally sound over the KMG piece. Sometimes the Freak-out can wobble a bit, a little scary if you ask me.
Carnevil
  •  Carnevil
  • 50.86% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, April 7, 2005 2:51:08 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crazyspin

How is this ride set-up wise? It looks much more structurally sound over the KMG piece. Sometimes the Freak-out can wobble a bit, a little scary if you ask me.

Exactly, all of the rides that i've seen from Technical Park seem heavy and well built. Theres alot of stuff that i've seen on the Freak Outs that would make me not want to buy one. As far as the setup goes i think its harder and requires more time, but i think its a fair trade for something that looks like it might eventually fall apart.
cny_chris
Thursday, April 7, 2005 3:05:25 PM
Out of all the Afterburner-type rides, IMHO, KMG has the most well thought out design. Consider the competition:

Fabbri Afterburner requires a crane to set up.

Zamperla Nitro has concerns about tipping, which limits the swing height.

Technical Park Street Fighter if I recall correctly, requires a lot of double handling of pieces.

The wobble that you notice on the Freak Out, Cspin, isn't surprising, as the ride undergoes some extreme weight shifts during full swing. The ballast in the water tanks and the weight of the ride structure balances the extremes pretty well. So long as the ride is level and properly blocked, I don't see a problem. I have yet to hear of a Freak Out tipping over.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Carnevil
  •  Carnevil
  • 50.86% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, April 7, 2005 3:11:22 PM
Im not worried about it tipping over. Thats just alot of stress up there just makes you wonder.