lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, March 28, 2005 5:20:55 PM
thought some of you might enjoy these pics.we started this project in jan. robbie moegerle and his wife patty did the work. rob did the welding,mechanical and fabricating. patty was in charge of painting, and was very meticulous. hawk and gator lidey did the primer and base coat, and clear coat. dennis klien did the artwork.my crew did all the manual labor. they sanded for two months.my job was to keep the cash flowing. i did my job well,we got twenty g's in material and parts, not counting robbie and patty's labor. rob did such a great job he's buying the ride. i don't have a finished picture of the ride with the border lights and flags but you get the idea.note the overhead lights rob built. also the roof was real rotten, rob patched all the bad steel, then covered it with rhino lining. also sprayed the spiral stairs and spin room.that cost about $2200 but worth it since it will handle the foot traffic on the roof plus seal the roof from leaks. also removed plexi from spin room and put decorative bars in.ride has new compressor, motors, bearings,lights fire supression plumbing,and a whole lot more.

let me know what you think.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lotman56 
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
BSA Mike
Monday, March 28, 2005 5:36:45 PM
awesome, thanks for sharing the pics steve....

I love the theme...and it looks much better then the MJ on the front lol
Skywheelrider
Monday, March 28, 2005 5:56:38 PM
Looks great! Nice artwork. Thanks for posting the pics.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, March 28, 2005 7:59:30 PM
heres the real question, does klien have 4 tires on that trailer yet???

We all compared notes this summer and everyhwere he painted his trailer only had 3 tires.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 2:27:37 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

heres the real question, does klien have 4 tires on that trailer yet???

We all compared notes this summer and everyhwere he painted his trailer only had 3 tires.

yeah, and i think i noticed a spare inside.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
ScRaMbLeR-Man
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 2:44:57 AM
Awsome Job! I would like to see more of these conversions.
There are so many outdated and run down fun houses on the road.
Anyone have any Dark Ride renovations to report?

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Carnie_Joe930
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:08:19 AM
Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 5:43:28 AM
Good topic lotman. I enjoy seeing the WQ work. The Fun House turned out great. Tell Robbie the guy from Ohio that takes pictures said Hi. He'll know who it is.
skywheel88
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:50:25 AM
That's beautiful work, you guys really did a great job!
Kenny.

cny_chris
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:15:29 PM
Great looking rehab job. I especially like the inclusion of the Gibtown references in the theming. Thanks for sharing.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:43:13 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Great looking rehab job. I especially like the inclusion of the Gibtown references in the theming. Thanks for sharing.

yeah, we put showtown bar where the barstools are, and where the upper balcony is we themed that as gibtown clubhouse. you probably can't see the monkey with the fez and the ding jar.its a hats off to all the showmens shriners that are a big part of the gibsonton club, and raise a ton of money for both the shriners hospitals and the club.
Mark Twain
powersmidways.com
cny_chris
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 2:28:22 PM
Cool. Will definitely have to check it out close-up, prolly at Middletown if it's gonna be there. [:D]
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Missin it
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:27:55 PM
Outstanding, Back to kid friendly. Funny how it went from Klondike Kate (cartoon) to Rock stars, and back to Cartoonish. I can remember sleeping in that back room a couple of times (don't think I could now with that character's eyes staring at me. The Bars look much better than the Plexi. Where will this be playing now that you are selling ?
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
bladerunner
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:29:42 PM
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:48:13 PM
too bad you had to paint over britany spears, you should have left her for some scenery in the jungle
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson