Spyder
  •  Spyder
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:38:32 AM
Anyone know of an event in Philly this weekend that has a midway? Castlerock starts its season tomorrow there and was wondering....Thanx
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:02:30 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Spyder

Anyone know of an event in Philly this weekend that has a midway? Castlerock starts its season tomorrow there and was wondering....Thanx

Houghton's at the base of the Walt Whitman bridge with about 25 rides.

Where is Castlerock playing?

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Majestic Fan1982
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:53:59 AM
I heard something about Castle Rock yesterday, i'm not even sure their suppose to be in Philly, somebody told me they tryed to sneak their way into the state. And Harrisburg was going to check them out this morning. I never even heard of the darn show to be honest. I also know Benner's Amusements is somewhere in Philly, starts tomorrow or friday.
Fritz_915
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:26:11 PM
ok Every one here the scoop....

Castle rock is in town in n philly area....
hougton is in s. philly with skelly booking in 3 of his rides
Benners is in sw philly with Starbright (inflatable company)

Fritz
Fritz_915
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:30:29 PM
Castlerock excact location is 1900-2000 N Front St in Philly (a long empty field of rocks and dirt)

Fritz
BALDY
  •  BALDY
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 4:45:34 PM
DO YOU KNOW WHO HAS JOINTS BOOKED IN?
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:00:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Majestic Fan1982

I never even heard of the darn show to be honest.

castlerock is owned by art gilette.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:02:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BALDY

DO YOU KNOW WHO HAS JOINTS BOOKED IN?

juggie prevost should have joints there.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
FrankiesFoods
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:32:43 PM
So Much for them trying to sneak in huh.
Life is like a Merry go round has it's ups and downs but always come back around.
Skywheelrider
Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:58:08 AM
Quote:

quote:

I heard something about Castle Rock yesterday, i'm not even sure their suppose to be in Philly, somebody told me they tryed to sneak their way into the state. And Harrisburg was going to check them out this morning.

[:0]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
FrankiesFoods
Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:22:55 PM
Everybody overlooked Pat Imes at twentienth and leigh with some ride and joints too. I think Ted Bear is there with joints. Wow must Be alot of money there in Philidelphia. Allentown Dropped two containers and coming back monday with more.
Life is like a Merry go round has it's ups and downs but always come back around.
Missin it
Friday, March 25, 2005 5:22:02 AM
Quote:

quote:

I heard something about Castle Rock yesterday, i'm not even sure their suppose to be in Philly, somebody told me they tryed to sneak their way into the state. And Harrisburg was going to check them out this morning. I never even heard of the darn show to be honest. I also know Benner's Amusements is somewhere in Philly, starts tomorrow or friday.

Kinda hard to "SNEAK" into the state don't you think. Thank god, some people have absolutely no clue. CastleRock plays PA every year, Just because you never saw them doesn't mean something covert is going on.
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, March 25, 2005 11:28:39 AM
Castlerock is just playing the spot Reithoffer (I think) played last year. Whether or not it's a Bill G. spot I don't know. Oscar's and Benner's have always played the city Easter week. You have to be in a certain type spot on Easter day and the locs they're playing are it. Deer hunters go where the deer are, right?

We stay away from any location that has Broad, Lehigh, Front or Girard as one of the intersections in the address. We also stay away from spots that you have to rent fence to close the location.

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Missin it
Friday, March 25, 2005 6:04:19 PM
Exact location is 1750 North Front St. and Montgomery Ave. Joints provided by Teddy Bear and Juggie Provost. After speaking with all three tonight I can tell you that everyone is pumped after the first night. All agree it is one of the best nights they have had in recent memory. Teddy even commented that they made the nut already. And yes the Allentown trailers were needed in a big way. Looks like an awesome start to the season. Didn't have time for a ride list but there are about 20-24 pcs here and all open (and inspected) As I said before no need to sneak in.
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)