•  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, March 4, 2005 3:31:10 PM
Any of these boxes yours?

UserPostedImage

Neat, huh?

photo credit to Mr. Cook. taken at the 2004 Del Mar fair

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Matt C.
Friday, March 4, 2005 3:38:30 PM
Pretty amazing, isnt it? Another thing I found cool was at night, all the joints are left open- no night walls on sticks and most awnings left open on trailers and all the stock was just sitting there. Being from the north, I am used to seeing joints closed up or the stock taken away and stored some place else during the night.

My trip to Del Mar was awesome- something I will most likely never forget [:)]
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, March 4, 2005 4:12:22 PM
yeh, it amazed me how they were left open out west. its whole diff. world on rcs.
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, March 4, 2005 5:22:58 PM
Thats what we thought on RCS when we started playing spots in California.Seeing joints with no sidewalls or awning rods of any kind.Then after a few years,all of our stuff was the same way.That picture of the stock trailers is only part of it,Mass more stock trailers in the infield of the practice horse track,and another huge wad of stock trucks across the freeway behind the shopping center.

Del Mar is a awesome spot.Lots of good memories.
Boils The Clown
Friday, March 4, 2005 5:43:39 PM
I knew that pic looked very familar . I live about 15-20 mins from Del Mar as well . Matt are you going to Del Mar this year ?? If you want you can stay at my house the time your over here on the West coast. I will make sure your visit is better than awesome this time around.[;)]

UserPostedImage

^^^This is my house ,as you probally can see ,I got plenty of room .^^^

Well let me know.

Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
BSA Mike
Friday, March 4, 2005 5:54:15 PM
Damn cook, take boils up on that offer, chillen in the Clown's Crib.
BALDY
  •  BALDY
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Operations
Friday, March 4, 2005 5:58:15 PM
Could be. I sent goods in. While I'm on, I'm heading south to Dade County. Leaving on the 23rd, if anyone knows of any shows playing along the way. I'm taking I-95 but don't mind going east or west off I-95 to see someone, thanks
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, March 4, 2005 6:05:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BALDY

Could be. I sent goods in. While I'm on, I'm heading south to Dade County. Leaving on the 23rd, if anyone knows of any shows playing along the way. I'm taking I-95 but don't mind going east or west off I-95 to see someone, thanks

South on the 16th then North on the 20th then South again on the 23rd? Need me to pack some teddybears in with my luggage?
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, March 4, 2005 6:05:54 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

The money saved from not staying in Motels would quickly be forgotten when the sheer terror kicks in when you realize you are actually INSIDE the Clown Crib.With Boils.

Like Buffalo Bills Basement in Silence of the Lambs except the big shoes and the alcohol. [}:)][xx(][:(][xx(][:o)]
BSA Mike
Friday, March 4, 2005 6:08:34 PM
"IT PUTS THE PIE FILLING ON!"

lmfao...nevermind matt, stay @ the local hotel, away from boils !
Boils The Clown
Friday, March 4, 2005 6:08:53 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mikehawkenballs

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

The money saved from not staying in Motels would quickly be forgotten when the sheer terror kicks in when you realize you are actually INSIDE the Clown Crib.With Boils.

Like Buffalo Bills Basement in Silence of the Lambs except the big shoes and the alcohol. [}:)][xx(][:(][xx(][:o)]

.........And don't forget the Barbeque as well ![:o)]

UserPostedImage
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, March 5, 2005 3:03:47 AM
Hey I'm planning a day or two at Del Mar and might need a place nearby!?? Otherwise I'll stay with friends in Huntington Beach, and commute.

BTW I was wondering who Baldy was and now I know! LOL

anyone remember when a stock truck caught on fire in Pomona at LACF one year and the fire spread from truck to truck?? Burned up a ton of plush..... dead teddies everywhere.
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, March 5, 2005 3:11:19 AM
Baldy: A of A will be in Fredericksburg & in Woodbridge VA (both are real close to 95) at the end of March
2005 schedule is on their site now
http://www.amusementsofa...a.com/events_current.htm 
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, March 5, 2005 6:33:30 AM
if your going to del mar during the fair, book your rooms NOW.! if not, youll be staying 50 miles away. trust me on this. the clown crib might be your way to go.
Boils The Clown
Saturday, March 5, 2005 12:41:33 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

if your going to del mar during the fair, book your rooms NOW.! if not, youll be staying 50 miles away. trust me on this. the clown crib might be your way to go.

Not to metion the Heavy traffic as well. The Interstate (I-5) gets Pretty darn slow during the fair. (....& I mean Slow !!!!!)
UserPostedImage