DrNickRiviera995
Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:31:03 PM
Could someone tell me how the MTH models like the Kiddie Hymalaya are in terms of quality, reliability and difficulty of assembly? I havn't heard much about these kits, but stumbled across the link to the website, and the Hymalaya looks really cool. Are they comparable at all to Faller's kits?

Any opinions from someone who's built them would be great.
BSA Mike
Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:34:02 PM
Haven't build this kit yet, i have been looking for some info on the mini himalaya for awhile now and can't get info

The crazy bus however is a great kit and was easy to assemble, and will be easy to reassemble (since my cat played godzilla, again)
Skywheelrider
Saturday, February 19, 2005 7:20:12 PM
How many times has that cat "played Godzilla" with your models Mike? Might be time to banish the cat from the lot! lol lol
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Saturday, February 19, 2005 7:27:54 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

How many times has that cat "played Godzilla" with your models Mike? Might be time to banish the cat from the lot! lol lol

F'n thing loves to tear the midway up, and it usually does it when im not home, caught it up there one night while i was sleeping a few weeks ago, needless to say the wall on the other side of the room has a cat imprint in it now [;)], but the model next to the window is the one that usually gets beat up on pretty good, b/c the cat always tries to sit by the window...
Skywheelrider
Monday, February 21, 2005 3:30:36 AM
I braved the snowy weather to visit a large train show in Saline, Michigan on Sunday and Model Tech had a huge display area, lots of kits for sale, some built, beautiful stuff, some of the nicest I have seen, but sadly no carnival stuff. But if the kits they had there are any indication, the carnival kits have to be fantastic.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
crnvl
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:53:10 PM
The kits are great quality. I have the Crazy Bus, Mini Himilaya and five of the concession trailers. Lots of great detail and I think the scale is almost perfect in every respect. A little pricey for a non operational kit, but well worth it for the detail. I hope that they stick to more kiddie rides. They did say that their next carnival kits are going to be game kits.
Mailman21842
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:47:23 PM
Does MTH Models have a website??
Just a person with a big hobby, of collecting carnival stuff.
BSA Mike
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 3:28:01 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Mailman21842

Does MTH Models have a website??

It is actually MTS (Model Tech Studios) and their website is www.modeltechstudios.com