24hr.man
  •  24hr.man
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Friday, February 18, 2005 5:29:47 AM
The Industry cant afford to lose him. The man knows the BIZ.. Inside & out. He still is on vacation,but last I spoke with him he was done. If its true, its sad to see so much talent, hang it up.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, February 18, 2005 7:18:31 AM
I would say, let him enjoy his retirement while he is still walking.
UserPostedImage
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, February 18, 2005 7:22:45 AM
There is still a good possibility that he will end up like so many others, "Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in."

UserPostedImage

Matt C.
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:12:13 AM
Just ask Ward Hall- how many times has he come out of retirement now? lol [8D]
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
orphaned
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:44:34 AM
Every year is the last year with Ward Hall, isn't it? Hey, doesn't that kind of sound like a line he might use in his bally talk???? [:D]
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:54:25 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Just ask Ward Hall- how many times has he come out of retirement now? lol [8D]

Ward Hall has never taken the abuse Wayne has. Sometimes you have to just get out of the trap you find yourself in. I'm not saying that anybody at the MBGS ever abused him I'm just saying that job was pure hell. If Wayne ever gets back on the road, I doubt he'll ever put himself in the position of being on call 24/7 like he was at MBGS. MBGS will survive without Wayne, and Wayne will survive without MBGS.
Sixcats have nine lives
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, February 18, 2005 10:22:36 AM
What was Waynes official capacity with Murphy?
UserPostedImage
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, February 18, 2005 10:26:41 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

What was Waynes official capacity with Murphy?

Ride super.
Sixcats have nine lives
bigdaves
Friday, February 18, 2005 1:06:43 PM
I WAS INFORMED BY A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE THAT ONCE EVERY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT WAS PARKED AT THE END OF THE 2004 SEASON MR. KUNZ TURNED IN HIS KEYS WITH HIS RESIGNATION TO MR. MURPHY. WAS ALSO INFORMED THAT THEIR WAS A BROKEN PROMISE DURING THE SEASON BY MR. MURPHY THAT WAS SIGNIFICANT ENOUGH FOR MR. KUNZ'S DEPARTURE. EVERYONE WHOM KNOWS MR. KUNZ ALSO KNOWS THE DEDICATION AND MANY HARD HOURS OF HIS LIFE WAS GIVEN TO THE MURPHYS. IF THIS INDUSTRY HAD A HALL OF FAME FOR OUTSTANDING SHOWMANSHIP AND DEDICATION, MR. WAYNE KUNZ WOULD LEAD THE LIST. MANY OF US KNOW HIS RESUME IF THEIR IS ONE OUT THERE WILL BE REVIEWED BY THE PREMIER PEOPLE IN THIS BUSINESS.
DL
Randy D.
Friday, February 18, 2005 1:44:39 PM
Wayne will be missed tremendously on the show. He has trained more carnies than about anyone out there. He has a knowledge of so many pieces of equipment and about the business side of the industry. Remember, Wayne's dad owned Century 21 shows for years. The biggest motorized midway of its time!!!!!
24hr.man
  •  24hr.man
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:12:58 AM
big dave, I spent many years around Wayne, He taught me about every part of the show. I go back to the days Of old. I agree there should be a HALL OF FAME.. Wayne would be at the top thats for sure. My book covers from HETH SHOWS- CENTURY 21 SHOWS. I went on the road with him when I was 14yrs.old. I can really tell you stories, but youll have to buy the book, If I ever get all the funds and stuff together. Lots of PICS, thats spendy to get done.