powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:43:03 PM
Try using some sort of Super Glue for a change. Once you get past sticking a few of your fingers together, you may find that it does have its benefits.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by daniel

whats wrong with testers?
ive used testers on all my s

What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
TopSpinJay
Monday, February 21, 2005 2:19:28 AM
daniel, the problem is work time and dry time with the durability standpoint. testors glues have slow everything. a super cyanacryllate will speed up your processes and hold much better then adverage testors
You'll miss us when were gone....
Skywheelrider
Monday, February 21, 2005 3:28:11 AM
The "super glue" I mentioned above is called "Surehold" and comes in a yellow tube with some black and pink on the outside. I can get it at Walgreen's, but have not seen it anywhere else. Best glue I have ever used on my models. Retails for like $3.99 per tube.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, February 21, 2005 11:06:18 AM
Ya i have noticed It does take a while to set.I had to rein force a few things just to make sure they stayed in one of the pics your notice i have the graphic part laying on its side to and paint bottle to hold up one of the peices.I was wondering if in the future would my rides Colapse in to eatch other.I AM worrid about the joyride but it looks like its doing ok.

Ph yah and thanks for the advice i am thinking on trying supper glue on my next s.Do you recomand glue before painting or painting before glueing.I was told paint first with tester.

daniel
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 21, 2005 5:58:17 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by daniel

Ph yah and thanks for the advice i am thinking on trying supper glue on my next s.Do you recomand glue before painting or painting before glueing.I was told paint first with tester.

daniel

Depends on what you're doing. Most of the time, I build first and then paint. That way I can touch up any minor glue marks that I might have. Sometimes I do paint before I glue if there's a reason for me too. And sometimes I paint, then glue, then paint to do any touchups.

What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
crnvl
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 5:20:14 PM
My suggestion is using Zap a Gap. I used to use Testors all of the time, but it takes so long to set. Zap a Gap has a quick bond and is very strong with plastics, woods, metals etc. Good luck.