JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, February 12, 2005 3:49:15 AM
Dear All,

Well I got to head out to the Florida State Fair last night. I took a few pics and have posted them on my webshots account. I hope you all enjoy them. With some luck I might be able to get back out there to get some more pics. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy them.

Jimmy D

http://community.webshots.com/user/jimmydpics 
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:26:35 AM
Nice pix JD. I get a kick out of the Blue Grass bench directly in front of Reithoffers Tornado.
Sixcats have nine lives
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, February 12, 2005 6:38:53 AM
Real nice pics Do you have any of the joints
Skywheelrider
Saturday, February 12, 2005 6:52:21 AM
Fantastic pics as usual Jimmy! Thanks for sharing them. Wade's Ring of Fire looks fantastic, that is the first pic I have seen since they refurbed it after last season. The Hitin' 2000 looks great too, nice to see the neon music notes back on the front poles, although I do see the sign is not lit (they had a spot of trouble with it a few times last season). Shoot, all of the equipment at the fair in your pics looks great. I like Dreamland's Himalaya, looks sharp.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, February 12, 2005 11:00:39 AM
great pics, thanks !!..whose popper is that?
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, February 12, 2005 3:16:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

The Hitin' 2000 looks great too

The ride is not worthy of honorable mention. The lighting package/decor is the dullest of the super himalayas. It needs a major updating.
UserPostedImage
Skywheelrider
Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:15:14 PM
In your opinion. The colours are bright, the lighting is colourful, lots of bright neon. So the colours are solid, with no designs, like I said it is still very colourful and bright. It looked rough last year, looks as if they really worked on it over the last few months. Sure, compared to Belle City's it is not as fancy, but still looks good.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
JimBob
Saturday, February 12, 2005 5:06:22 PM
thank you for the pic jimmy d
HUSSRAINBOW
Saturday, February 12, 2005 5:23:18 PM
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Saturday, February 12, 2005 5:33:21 PM
thanks for the pics. Looks like a good show
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
JimBob
Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:56:31 PM
i know that they where working on it tonight i talk to one of my friends that work over there and he was there tring to get it running tonight
punkboysa18
Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:12:27 PM
Yeah I agree the Hit looks nice. During the day the ride looks a little "pastel", but at night it really brightens up. Do they have controll on the red, blue, and white center lights? If so that is the first himalaya ride I've seen with three colors. I saw it a few years ago but can't remember.
JimBob
Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:15:31 PM
no the hit dose not have control on the lights it is all computer now
Cstephens
Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:36:47 PM
nice pics, did'nt see a pic of bluegrass's moonraker though, mabye it coul'nt make it this year, oh well, mabye leter in the year bluegrass might have it ready for action. lots of himalayas there, belle city's rock n' roll looks the best, reithoffer's tidal wave looks very preety. i see there is a zamperla fire brigade there, wonder who's it is. i also see that wade has their spin out repaired and back in buisness. looks wonderful, wade's ring of fire has a strange train on it, normly you see it on a larson fire ball, how did wade get a larson fire ball train on their ring of fire? overall, a nice improvement. i see farrow's twister and reithoffer's huss tornado are set up right behind each other, why on earth would they set them up that close to each other, they look the same to me no pics of them operating though, wonder why. over all looks like a funtastic fair. last year when i went it looked really sloppy, most of the rides were okay, but the midway grounds were packed and there were way to many rides put in there. i hated it, this year it looks a lot better, cleaner grounds, not as many rides as before. should be a much better year for the fair. one more thing, why did arnold and t.n.t midways bring their eli wheels to the florida state fair, why did thet set them up next to each other? very strange. over all they both look preety.
Skywheelrider
Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:49:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Cstephens

looks wonderful, wade's ring of fire has a strange train on it, normly you see it on a larson fire ball, how did wade get a larson fire ball train on their ring of fire? overall, a nice improvement.

A few shows have done this, not hard to do, to replace the original Ring of Fire train with a Fireball train.

Quote:

quote:

one more thing, why did arnold and t.n.t midways bring their eli wheels to the florida state fair, why did thet set them up next to each other? very strange. over all they both look preety.

In the past, it was a sign of having a large show to have two or more Eli Wheels side-by-side on the midway. Some shows had two, some had three, and some had four Eli Wheels, all side-by-side. Arnold does that at a few spots with their's.