bladerunner
Sunday, February 6, 2005 8:25:15 PM
how would i go about making my own kits? what types of materials are used? id like to make some and sell them complete wit my oun scenery[;)][:D]
rainman571
Monday, February 7, 2005 5:35:04 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bladerunner

how would i go about making my own kits? what types of materials are used? id like to make some and sell them complete wit my oun scenery[;)][:D]

I think it depends on how much detail/complexity you want. In the simplest terms you could create the facade, glue it to a sheet of styrene (plastic) and then glue that to the side of a trailer. In more complex terms you could create a trailer structure that matched the real ride. You just need to look at the back of some darkrides and get an idea of the structure and if you want to or can tackle a project like that.

As for kits to sell...you will probably want to check out resin casting to reproduce many of the same parts. Its much easier to work with than pot metal and a lot cheaper than injection molding.

You may enjoy a bit of success just selling the fronts. Artwork is not everyone's strong point.

Raymond

PS For something really simple you could copy want I did for the paper models I created. They are basically printable food and game trailers. Cut, fold and glue. They are great "space fillers" and with a plastic sheet backing they can be made stronger.
bladerunner
Monday, February 7, 2005 7:51:13 AM