Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, February 6, 2005 11:42:36 AM
How much time does trailer mounting an Octopus save in set up and tear down... anyone know?
alibiguyny
Sunday, February 6, 2005 1:35:04 PM
we move ours in around 2hours and 20 minutes. its alot easyer then the groundmount. once again thanks mattc.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, February 6, 2005 4:42:27 PM
We have had 2. The old one had a removable boom & all of the sweeps, sucker rods, & seats stayed together, & you could put them on 2 per stop. You only turned the ride 4 times to set it up. It went up in an hour. The one we have currently is on a shorter trailer, so 4 of the seats come off & 2 of the sucker rods. It allso has a different system for lowering the front end to the ground so it takes about 1 hour & 45 minutes. The old one had the solid sweeps(which look WAY better than the others) but Eyerly said those style sweeps were condemned & the seats were metal so it got parked.
My albums are all on Facebook!
kadoty
Sunday, February 6, 2005 5:03:56 PM
I move mine every week with 1 other person, if I have all the brass bearings cleaned and greased it takes me 1hr 15mns. up, 1hr down and that is without tearing anything up, scratching anything, or bending a mudsill. It really depends on the rack of the trailer as to how easy and fast you can move one. My octopus comes completely apart and racks on a 25ft. trailer I modified. Take a look in the photo gallery of mine and you can see it is not scratched or abused after 5yrs. of moving it this way. I have thought of putting a boom on the trailer but it would only slow me down.
kadoty