with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 31, 2005 3:30:10 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Funny how Pinetar singles out one line from my post to criticize out of all the other posts made. In any case, I understand that just because the Constitution says presumption of innocence (innocent until proven guilty), but unfortunately the way society is and the media is, it seems to be the opposite, guilty until proven innocent, no matter what the charges. And in some cases even if the person charged proves his/her innocence, they are still stigmatized by society, which is a shame. Some folks will think a person is guilty just because they were charged with committing a crime, and will never believe they were innocent. In this case, all I said was innocent until proven guilty. No more, no less. I am not saying he is or is not, I am not making a judgement one way or another.

Your right Chris.But, Being caught Red Handedis a little different than just being accused of a crime. Just ask O.J. Simpson......[xx(]

Remember, an Indictment is not neccessarly a Conviction....

I'll take the Case! Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 31, 2005 3:32:50 PM
引用:

quote:

Funny how Pinetar singles out one line from my post to criticize out of all the other posts made. In any case, I understand that just because the Constitution says presumption of innocence (innocent until proven guilty), but unfortunately the way society is and the media is, it seems to be the opposite, guilty until proven innocent, no matter what the charges. And in some cases even if the person charged proves his/her innocence, they are still stigmatized by society, which is a shame. Some folks will think a person is guilty just because they were charged with committing a crime, and will never believe they were innocent. In this case, all I said was innocent until proven guilty. No more, no less. I am not saying he is or is not, I am not making a judgment one way or another.

You just repeated yourself. You are thinking like a mark. Contact all his committees and tell them your opinion. Tell them not to cancel his contracts until his trial is over, that his long hair is the sign of a successful carnival owner and has nothing to do with the tv image of a drug pimp.
UserPostedImage
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 31, 2005 4:51:44 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by mikehawkenballs

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com...0b4.jpg?phX3v_BBibmGzvOm 

With the amount confinscated you probley could buy that trailer.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 31, 2005 4:58:13 PM
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, January 31, 2005 5:01:01 PM
Gonna get yanked, but damn that's funny.

UserPostedImage

archived01
Monday, January 31, 2005 5:11:03 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

引用:

quote:

By Chris Hurley----And whether the charges are legit or not, remember, innocent until proven guilty.

Such an expression might mean something to the homeboy MCW enthusiasts but if you told that to a committee or fairboard directors, they would laugh you out of the building.

The damage is done with the arrest, Hughes competitors will use the article to their advantage.

Do some of you think the committees will want to wait until the end of the trial before they jump ship and cancel their contracs? Hell no, you know they are looking as we type, furthermore, all independent food, games and rides may be concerned about their revenue for 05. Do they stay or do they blow?

Pintar is correct, I can guarantee that competitors have copied the article licked the stamps and are in the mail as we speak. That’s just business, it may not seem right but it is the reality of the situation.

This like it or not reflects negatively on his business. He owns the company and you can not separate the two. A committee will look at this and think to them self if this is what the owner is involved in what kind of employees does he have, are all his employees high while working, and finally do we want to trust someone like this with our children? You know the answer as well as I do, lets find another company.

2ndgen I admire your loyalty but it's naive for you to say his selling drugs has nothing to do with the show. He owns the show correct? It directly affects the show and you know it. Calling people coward because they express the way they feel is wrong.

Most people find drugs and the people who sell them to the cancer of sociaty; I am one of those people. I don't think a person who is involved in selling drugs has any business around children let alone owning a company that places children on mechanical rides. I don't know the guy never met him never kissed his butt. I don't kiss anyone’s butt respect is something that has to be earned.
Skywheelrider
Monday, January 31, 2005 5:30:04 PM
You know, just forget it. I am sorry I even posted in this topic. I understand what is being said about committee's and such, but to single one line of my post out of all the others posted and rip on it is petty but then again that is his style. I am not defending the alleged actions of Mr. Hughes, but was just making a point that a person charged with committing a crime is supposed to be innocent until he/she is proven guilty, if they are. Unfortunately, society and the media don't seem to work that way. Sorry I tried to add something to this discussion. Won't happen again.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, January 31, 2005 5:31:05 PM
This thing sounds wayyy personal , i forgot about ya'lls beef "with it" , i'll step aside now ,and let you guys hash this one out....didn't mean to intrude [:I]
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
kadoty
Monday, January 31, 2005 5:53:19 PM
Some of the post are missing! What did I miss? 2ndgeneration carnie, I think loyalty is a great thing!, but you open yourself up to the audience at hand when you defend someone for selling drugs. Your standard reply when mad is always refering to kicking someones behind. What I meant was that not everything is solved by beating the hell out of someone when you get mad. Don't get me wrong, I think that it is needed at times, but stop and think about your replies before you threaten someone. With age comes wisdom. For someone starting out in this business, you don't want to get a reputation as a HOT HEAD and damage your future interests. I asked a freind today about you, and he said you seemed like a nice guy. I trust this persons opinion, that is why I am giving you this advice!
kadoty
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 31, 2005 5:54:09 PM
引用:

quote:

You know, just forget it. I am sorry I even posted in this topic. I understand what is being said about committee's and such, but to single one line of my post out of all the others posted and rip on it is petty but then again that is his style. I am not defending the alleged actions of Mr. Hughes, but was just making a point that a person charged with committing a crime is supposed to be innocent until he/she is proven guilty, if they are. Unfortunately, society and the media don't seem to work that way. Sorry I tried to add something to this discussion. Won't happen again.

Thats just the way the world works Chris. Quit pouting and feeling sorry for yourself. We all know the "innocent before proven guilty in a COURT OF LAW. That does not apply in the real world. Ask O.J. Simpson how that works. He has proven Innocent but the whole world thinks he is still guilty. Anyway thats old news like Pughs court records. If you notice most people here havent really said he WAS guilty. Just what was reported in the paper. Yes he SOLD DRUGS to a COP....He may be INNOCENT time will tell. I always tried to put "alledged" in every post I put on the matter. I do however believe it is a committees right to know what kind of person they are dealing with. I'm sure if the roles were reversed the CTA crew would take the same actions against thier compition.
archived01
Monday, January 31, 2005 6:09:33 PM
引用:

quote:

Chirs that wasn't a slam against you or even trying to single you out. I understand where you are coming from. In a perfect world that is the way it should be but with the competitve nature of this business unfortunatly it's the reality of his situation. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway.
murraykook
Monday, January 31, 2005 6:38:32 PM
pete_n_repete
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 6:49:55 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Gay did what he did. He understands the consequences that lay in front of him. I am not trying to say what he did was right but i am saying that the personal attacks and Gary are ridiculous. His selling drugs was not ivolved with our show in any way shape or form. Talk all you see fit. Act like billy bad [system edit] behing a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=key%20board" onmouseover="window.status='key board'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">key board</a>. Im just the other side of everyone elses crap. I think everyone is a buch of cowards. I know alot of people have met and spoke with Gary, and you probly kissed his butt to his face but now that he is locked up it is wide open until he gets out. Don't call me a kid, don't tell me i have alot to learn. I think maybe you all have alot to learn about loyalty, Gary took me in like i was his own. Never let me starve one time. Gave me $$ when he didn't even owe me anything to make sure i was taken care of. His personal life is just that, so leave it be. Thanks for unlocking this Matt, Gary needs more reading material.

The truth hurts, but gotta tell it right.
I really think you forgot who brought over to the show, and whogot your insurance started.It wasn't Gary you know exactly who it was, you just don't want to face the truth. And I can remember a lot of weeks you [ SYSTEM EDIT ]ed about Gary not paying you so I took money out of my own pocket and gave it to you because you were complaining all the time about being broke. You want everyone to think Gary is great, he's ok but he's not all that. And as far as the drugs, I dont feel it's anybody's buisness but his. So everyone needs to drop it.Im very tired of hearing it. Everyone wants to steal all the contracts, go ahead and try it you wont get very far, they are locked up. So have fun trying. I think everyone needs to support Gary instead of bad mouthing him. Thats the way I feel for now, but that could change too. All u need to worry about is your new son that will be here in April, oh I forgot it's not yours.
Boils The Clown
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:49:42 AM
^^^^^^^[:0]WOW ![:0]^^^^^^^^^^
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~