Larry Smith
Saturday, January 1, 2005 6:18:42 PM
With all the talk and all the hype of the new NAME organization we all have kinda forgotten about the NCSF......Is Big R gonna be back there for 2005 or are they gonna bring in yet another show for 2005?

Spot has bounced around like a hackysack here the last few years. Maybe "they" are looking to get it now.......[:0]
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, January 1, 2005 6:46:02 PM
Who ever does get the fair they will pay more than its worth
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 86.98% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, January 1, 2005 6:59:56 PM
Quote:

quote:


Rehash of a new subject -- NCSF.........



Let's DON't and say we did![;)]
orphaned
Saturday, January 1, 2005 7:13:32 PM
I'll put my money on NAME.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 80.7% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, January 1, 2005 7:41:31 PM
Many people I talked to in 2004 are expecting Wade to be the next one to try NCSF.
Larry Smith
Saturday, January 1, 2005 8:20:38 PM
Yeah that would make sense since they lost Shreveport but their schedule is a little tight during that time.........but who knows stranger things have happened....
cny_chris
Saturday, January 1, 2005 9:14:29 PM
If the bidding method doesn't change, I'd say NAME. If the bidding method changes, it's anybody's guess who will get it.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Cstephens
Saturday, January 1, 2005 11:43:21 PM
wade's a great show, i think the north carolina state fair would be great for them, they have about 100 rides. i'm sure they'ed probly bring them all. but wait a sec, wade's got 2 chance giant wheels, do they really need to bring them both? if wade did come to the north carolina state fair, there would be a lot of fun houses and dark rides, mega drop and turbo force would be big hits. twister, orbiter and fireball would get the most riders. huss classics (rainbow, pirate and enterprise) hmm... lets see, lots of duplicates. 2 pirate ships (huss and s.d.c pirates) 5 himalayas (fifth one called silver streak)
3 scrambler rides (1 wisdom sizzler and 2 eli bridge scramblers) 2 tilts and 2 giant wheels (one giant wheel is ok) mabye spectacular midways could book in a few rides if they feel like it. remember they may not come, but hey, you never know, anything can happen.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, January 2, 2005 12:06:56 AM
You can speculate all you want but no matter what, who ever has the highest bid will get the fair and it doesn't matter if it's Name, Frankie, Royal American or Ralph's kiddie rides. I may be wrong but I doubt anybody will get it two years in a row as long as the fair stays with this kind of a bidding system. Once they play it, they know it's not worth it.
Sixcats have nine lives
BSA Mike
Sunday, January 2, 2005 12:13:57 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Sixcat

You can speculate all you want but no matter what, who ever has the highest bid will get the fair and it doesn't matter if it's Name, Frankie, Royal American or Ralph's kiddie rides. I may be wrong but I doubt anybody will get it two years in a row as long as the fair stays with this kind of a bidding system. Once they play it, they know it's not worth it.



Indeed, Sixcat is 100% right, now matter who you think will get it, some joe schmo from idaho, can walk in and bid highest and get the spot.....i think that bidding system sucks, but its getting the fair board some big $ lol...
Skywheelrider
Sunday, January 2, 2005 1:38:30 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Cstephens

wade's a great show, i think the north carolina state fair would be great for them, they have about 100 rides. i'm sure they'ed probly bring them all. but wait a sec, wade's got 2 chance giant wheels, do they really need to bring them both? if wade did come to the north carolina state fair, there would be a lot of fun houses and dark rides, mega drop and turbo force would be big hits. twister, orbiter and fireball would get the most riders. huss classics (rainbow, pirate and enterprise) hmm... lets see, lots of duplicates. 2 pirate ships (huss and s.d.c pirates) 5 himalayas (fifth one called silver streak)
3 scrambler rides (1 wisdom sizzler and 2 eli bridge scramblers) 2 tilts and 2 giant wheels (one giant wheel is ok) mabye spectacular midways could book in a few rides if they feel like it. remember they may not come, but hey, you never know, anything can happen.

Wade owns four Himalaya-type rides, not five. Five fun houses, one dark ride. Two dark rides as well as the Orbiter are owned by Jimmy Danton, not Wade, though Jimmy runs the second unit and books his equipment and food trailers (five altogether) there. Could Wade be there? Read what Sixcat said.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
sausageseller
Sunday, January 2, 2005 7:16:17 AM
Seeing BTE was close to getting it when BigA was on the edge. I would say NAME is also in the running.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, January 2, 2005 11:17:23 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by sausageseller

Seeing BTE was close to getting it when BigA was on the edge. I would say NAME is also in the running.



You may have missed the point. Who ever bids the most gets the fair. No one else is in the running. NO ONE!
Sixcats have nine lives
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, January 2, 2005 11:23:39 AM
the sad thing is they will do the fair one year before they learn there lesson being the highest bidder is not always the best
orphaned
Sunday, January 2, 2005 12:21:01 PM
What I can't figure out is WHY would anyone want it? This will be the THIRD year with this bid system, correct? So if everyone is smart enough to know that Strates and Big R both lost their shirts there, why even bother bidding on it? I know there is a certain "prestige" to having a top 100 fair, but good grief....like I've said from day one of this, the shows should all band together and BOYCOTT the whole thing.

However, with that said, I'll still betcha NAME is in there. Evidently Rosen has enough $$$ to throw around and at least from how it sounds he may have more resources and could sustain a big hit better than most of the others....just a thought.
Users browsing this topic
  • OceanSpiders 2.0