•  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, December 27, 2004 4:24:42 AM
How many model rides per show now!
Skywheelrider
Monday, December 27, 2004 7:48:36 AM
Lol, okay, here goes:

Wonderland Shows: Giant Wheel, Sky Wheel, Astro Wheel, Musik Express, ThunderBolt, Star Fire, Super Star, Rainbow, Insider, Power Tower, Meteor, Round Up, Scrambler, Polyp, Scooter 2700, Wave Swinger, Octopus, Magic Vision dark ride, Mega Dancer, Swinger, Tomb Raider fun house, Glass House, Merry-Go-Round, Hampton Cars, Hampton Motorcycles, Hampton Boats, Castle Bounce, Flying Airplanes, Tea Cups, Kiddie Wheel. A

And more coming, including a Zipper (partially done), Monster (replacing Octopus), Pirate, Kiddie Train, Tonka Trucks.

Frangipani Amusements: Sky Wheel, Jungle Train, Alpine Bobs, Tilt-A-Whirl, Spider, Giant Swings, Top In Dodgem, The Wave (Faller Octopus), BreakDance, Tornado, Rolloplane, Revue of Illusions dark ride, Falling Star, Morbid Mansion dark ride, Ring of Fire, Alpine Fun House, King Circus fun house, Hampton Boats, Venture Canoes, Castle Bounce, Flying Cars, Mopeds, Kiddie Wheel, Tonka Trucks. And the "Aggravation," which is a donniker trailer made up to look like an attraction (based on a real one that existed).

And more on the way: Super Slide (partially done), Heart Flip (partially done), Merry-Go-Round (partially done), Giant Wheel (partially done), Eli Wheel (partially done), Kamikaze, Dragon (Pirate), Top Spin, Kiddie Wheel, Hampton Cars, Hampton Motorcycles.

Also have about 40+ game trailers, and some concession trailers as well between the two shows. I have quite a few models I have started and not finished. lol

Current set-up: Giant Wheel, Alpine Bobs, Astro Wheel, Rainbow, Flipper (booked in from Justin's show JLJ Midways), Scooter 2700, Tilt-A-Whirl, Super Star, Rolloplane, Round Up, Magic Vision Revue of Illusions, Alpine Fun House, King Circus fun house, Merry-Go-Round, Castle Bounce (Frangipani), Flying Cars, Tonka Trucks, Hampton Boats (Frangipani), Hampton Cars, Venture Canoes, plus about ten game trailers and six food trailers. And the "Aggravation."

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, December 27, 2004 7:59:58 AM
Im just starting out with mine Joel's Amusements "The Ultimate Midway" 2 units hope to have someday 30 rides per unit.Do you keep yours set up year round or just set up for model shows?
Skywheelrider
Monday, December 27, 2004 8:12:24 AM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.c...m/ph/cm_hurley/my_photos  , and scroll down past the photos of the "real" midway. [/color]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, December 27, 2004 12:37:59 PM
Mr Hurley, Sign any new fairs??
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Skywheelrider
Monday, December 27, 2004 1:19:00 PM
Sorry, that's confidential information, I don't publish my route. Suffice it too say, it has been a good off season. Still looking to sign a major summer fair. lol
crazyspin
Monday, December 27, 2004 2:38:28 PM
He doesn't publish his route because he doesn't have one. Thats just his cover up.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, December 27, 2004 6:51:07 PM
he does have a route spin as i saw him on it last summer, live and in person in michigan.
Skywheelrider
Monday, December 27, 2004 7:00:01 PM
Crazyspin you're just jealous. I got all the good spots and left you with the scraps. I'll put my ride line-up against yours anyday. lol lol
Matt C.
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 6:22:47 AM
Very nice Mr. Hurley. Is the Tilt and Round Up a Renauld?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, December 28, 2004 6:35:29 AM
Why yes they are, along with the Meteor and the Rolloplane.
Skywheelrider
Saturday, January 8, 2005 7:29:02 PM
Current line-up:

Wonder Wheel (Wonderland)
Sky Wheel (Frangipani)
Astro Wheel (Wonderland)
Alpine Bobs (Frangipani)
Tsunami (JLJ Midways)
Super Star (Wonderland)
Rolloplane (Frangipani)
Tilt-A-Whirl (Frangipani)
Round Up (Wonderland)
Scooter 2700 (Wonderland)
Magic Vision (Wonderland)
Revue of Illusions (Frangipani)
Alpine Fun House (Frangipani)
King Circus fun house (Frangipani)
Merry-Go-Round (Wonderland)
Venture Canoes (Frangipani)
Hampton Boats (Frangipani)
Hampton Cars (Wonderland)
Tonka Trucks (Frangipani)
Flying Cars (Wonderland)
Castle Bounce (Frangipani)

10 joints, six food trailers, and the Aggravation.

Rainbow is currently getting refurbished with new paint, new "lights", new decals, and a new sign on the counterweights.

crazyspin
Sunday, January 9, 2005 3:15:09 AM
What Chris isn't telling you is that is his WQ line-up! lol [;)]
Skywheelrider
Sunday, January 9, 2005 4:11:09 AM
Now C'SPin, let's be real here. Why would three different shows have rides at one WQ? No, it is all set up and ready to go. Now the Rainbow, that is in WQ getting refurbished.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, January 9, 2005 4:58:45 AM
Mr. Hurley, As CEO of two large carnivals don't you think it's about time you looked into the cost savings associated with consolidation. Allow me to suggest a couple of names here. Michigan Midway Entertainment, or maybe Midwest Midway Entertainment. Just look at the potential for savings on such things as glue, decals, models kits. By swaping models back and forth you could save a small fortune not to mention the labor cost for constructing and maintaining all of those models. Then there is the additional costs for space to house all of those models. I think before your expenses catch up to you, you need to seriously look into the benifits here. Let me know which way you decide to go here. LOL. [8D]