MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 9:27:35 AM
I was trying to explain to a buddy what a Pixie Plaza was.The best description I could come up with was "Big ugly multi kid rides on one trailer abortion,but kinda cool". Buddy stared at me like I had 2 heads.Any pictures? The one I remember seeing was owned by Gene Love I think,the ride foreman was a midget
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 10:08:43 AM
I've got a brochure from Chance on it, has color pics of it up and racked... but have noway to scan it. Drew Shows had one too.
Boils The Clown
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 10:38:53 AM
I have seen one on the road once while making a doulble back on a long miserable jump. It was somewhere around the outskirts of the coldwater,ohio area. It was set-up but no riders were on it at the times I was passing through ..
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, December 22, 2004 12:47:02 PM
I remember when they had it on display at Gibtown. I thought it was pretty cool but then again, I was probably only 8 at the time.

Last one I saw was Frankie Kopcha's at a still date in Jersey back in 83 or 84

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Stormy
Thursday, December 23, 2004 5:58:25 AM
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Hope these help. If you want better scans, PM me.

UserPostedImage

Skywheelrider
Thursday, December 23, 2004 6:15:16 AM
Wow, that looks really cool. Six kid rides on one trailer, that's enough for some spots right there. Add in a Merry-Go-Round and maybe a Slide or inflatable, and throw in five or six majors and maybe a fun house, and you are all set. A nice fourteen or fifteen ride spot.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Stormy
Thursday, December 23, 2004 6:23:10 AM
Yeah, I always thought it was kinda cool too...at least from an engineering standpoint. Sadly, only about 8 were built..not a very big hit with show owners.

Drew did have one for a time and, if I remember correctly, it was the prototype, or at least first prod. model...had some slight changes in the design.

UserPostedImage

Boils The Clown
Thursday, December 23, 2004 7:31:51 AM
Yup that's it. Aaaahhhhh .....what memories !
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, December 23, 2004 4:23:44 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures Stormy.
Steve F.
Thursday, December 23, 2004 10:28:52 PM
Carousel printed a picture of it in the early 90s in their "history of chance" issue.

I never understood why this idea didn't take off. It seems like the thing to do, 6 kiddie rides and only one load. Especially these days when all of the classic multi trailer rides are being made into single trailer loads.